 Local / United Kingdom / 1968
  e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

The law on this form of commerce has not been tested in the UK as yet. Some of you may remember the news splash a few weeks ago when an electrical manufacturer put £300.00 TV's up for £3.00. Normally when you try to purchase something in a shop you (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I am sympathetic to the "it should be obvious that a mistake was made and to try to proceed with a purchase was to try to defraud, so we don't owe you anything" argument. In the US, you occasionally here of the government issuing too large a (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Nephilim (<FLzGJL.CJv@lugnet.com>) wrote at 23:42:57 (...) You know, the funny thing is: I realised it was an American writing, and actually read it as a $. I had to go back and check :-) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) This was the first thing I thought- and I've got a URL about it: -> (URL) may break. Feh.) Good luck, but I doubt they'll honour the orders- but with some of the Americans I've seen on the previous thread, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) It's pretty clear now that this was an honest mistake(1). Anyone that I *like* won't push the point. The Entertainer has offered 10% off on an order to make up for it, from what I hear, although I have not yet received a reply to my inquiry, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) What do you mean by this? Scott A (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

I agree the lawyer route is defiantly not the way to go. However, if they admittedly made the mistake, meaning they were not hacked of screwed by a disgruntled employee, they should have offered a more generous compensation. Ten percent off of a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) What's not to understand? While one may have legal grounds in the US for claiming that the offer was made, if one were to do that one would not be the sort of person that I like. But then, I return overages when the cashier makes change making (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I think what Larry is saying is that anyone who has ethics that he can respect, will accept that a mistake was made, quickly corrected, and appologies sent to those who were caught up in the mess, along with a token of goodwill. Those people (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) If you live outside the UK. (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

You appear to be judging others by your standards. That aside, I think there are very little grounds for perusing this matter (expecting them to honor their prices) any further. They have offered a full refund, which is the minimum they have to to (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieniazek writes: But then, I return overages when the cashier makes change (...) Bravo! Why is it that we've gotten into to thinking that if you can't get caught, it's not stealing? i.e.- find a wallet with name and address- (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

What if joe public (non-AFOL) found that site last night. Say he did not know if the deals were good or bad, and placed an order in good faith. Now he expects his items. Is that theft? Scott A (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Yes indeed. I do that all the time. I certainly can choose who I like and who I don't, can't I? (...) Nor do I. (to pursue it with The Entertainer, that is. I expect that this thread will be one to peruse for a while if you're interested, and (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Hmm. The technic shuttle was advertised at 59 GBP off, from the original price of 99 GBP. The current price was *obviously* wrong at 4 GBP. So joe public can't do math? It's not theft, but it is (IMHO) unreasonable. The Entertainer made an (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I was just bemused that you bothered to make that statement. (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) if (...) his (...) Well- the morals are getting washy here. I was really only responding to the cashier thing, not the toymaster thing. I guess tho, that whether or not knew the deals were good or bad, it seems that when they contact you and (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I agree. And anyway, after you decide you're going to "hold them to it" and they say "no" it is no longer an ethical question, but a legal one, and here in the States (and it seems in the UK too) the law sides with the "give it back" side. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) That's an unreasonable attitude, imo. Their prices already seem pretty good, especially considering they're offering sets that can't be found easily elsewhere. 10% off in addition to those pretty good prices seems like more than fair - in fact (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Or "bait and switch" where they advertise something they don't really have to get you into the store, and then turn around and say, well, we sold out of the $20 TV, but we've got this nice model which is a lot nicer for $500. (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) We did that the other day at the drive-thru. Total was 9-something. Cashier handed my wife some coins (correct amount) and a ten and a one in exchange for a twenty. We almost didn't catch it, but did (thank goodness). When we tapped on the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) It's the policy of many retail industries that till shortages come out of pocket for the people on shift. That is why many retail industry workers have a policy that till overages(?) go into a pot that is used to cover shortages. James (URL) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I'd like to see this topic pursued a little further. This reference added to my belief that the offer was too good to be true, and contributed to my decision not to place an order. I think that James' "obviously wrong" assertion might be (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) It wasn't a single instance. Each of the entries on the main page had all three data points (i.e. 'pounds off' 'current price' and 'regular price') In some of the instances, all three lined up, in the rest (the majority) the current price was (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I agree, especially because the original posting said something similar to "This site has made an error - act quick and get 8480 for £4!!" Everyone who responded to that and placed an order was, IMO, trying their luck. Sometimes you lose, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

Richard Franks wrote in message ... (...) <snip> (...) error (...) This reminds me of when the KBkids site made an error on the pricing of the X Wing fighter just a few weeks/months back. I think it was $10 below their intended sale price. They (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

Scott-A wrote in message <3843F790.B8C7036A@hw.ac.uk>... (...) hacked (...) in (...) I do. :-) -Nick (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

I am not sure what a reasonable attitude would be, I was just give my two cents. I was looking to cash in on a good deal (no make that great deal) and I am just disappointed it didn't come through. I think that is within my rights. I know at this (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) And a rather predatory desire on the part of someone to "take advantage" of the mistake. What I've seen on various DVD good deals forums is that the people who are the quickest and most excited (and most open) about exploiting an obvious (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Richard Franks wrote in message ... (...) I (...) I can tell you one thing, this thread shows me which AFOL's I would rather do business with in the future. I like a good deal also, but not at the detriment of someone else. A deal is only good if (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I actually haven't found this to be true. In my experience good and honest behavior are rewarded (for the most part) by a nice spot at the end of the line. There are some rare exceptions, but most nice guys (in my experience) really do seem to (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) You? Cynical? Not *our* Mike Stanley! James (URL) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Definitely - didn't mean to imply that it isn't. I just think that it is unreasonable to expect them to come back with a 50% discount. If you think they should do that you're likely saying that because of a technical glitch they should (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... <snip> (...) I do agree. A 50% discont on an item that is already marked down 50% is unreasonable. And doing it on over 100 sets would probaly close the place down. I am not all that upset about it. You win some (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) That's a illegal activity here in Canada. The store owner has to eat it, not the till person!. Esp. a problem with restaraunts, where people run out on the bill, recently a store was charged and fined quite heavily for billing the waiter for (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Tell Dairy Queen. (...) Customers skipping out on tabs is a different issue than employees miscounting change. I think the legal issues are different. In the first case, it's the customer that causes the shortage, in the second it's the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Speaking of TRU online, Rachael and I received our orders today from the fire sale they were having last week. Here 2 Snowspeeders arrived just fine, but oddly enough, I only received 8 of the 9 Lightsaber Duels, even though the invoice says (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

Let me reiterate... 40 GBP is a good price for a big set like the shuttle. And if you order 20 at at time, the shipping is less than a 15% or so bump in the price. (I had an order for that number ready to go, then chickened out, don't want to hold (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I want some 6765 Gold City Junctions (aka Silver City) for $25 each. Unfortunately, I have to order about 100 of them from thetoyshop.com to get that price. Ugh. I've got enough backlog of stuff to part out already, and then there's the impact (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I'm posting this late at night, so I'll try to be very careful about how I frame the reply. Taking advice from an American not to wheel in the lawyers I find a bit rich. But then I see our system heading full-on into the same mistakes that the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) have (...) shortages. (...) When I was in high school I worked at a Crown gas station. For those of you who never heard of Crown, back in the early 80's it was the last hold out for full service gas pumping. We would regularly do $8k to $15k (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I think it is right. However, I respect your right to have what ever views on whatever issues you want. In my view, there is nothing worse than somebody else imposing their moral values on others. Remember "back to basics"? If people want to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I did this (10 8480's). But I often do buy multiple copies of sets - sometimes for parts, sometimes for trade. So I do not really see it as a problem... although my wife would argue the opposite. Scott A (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Richard thinks its wrong for some people to have more than others, presumably whether we're talking about money, Lego sets, or whatever. He's been fairly outspoken about it before. If you didn't catch it, he was making a reference to the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Ya, this really gets up my nose, as they say in the UK. Let's review, one more time, the blue hopper thing, because, after all, it's me that Richard is talking about. Paul made the knowledge available to a few people, including Simon Denscombe (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I don't want to speak for Richard, but the BH is a totally different issue. On that occasion, "several Americans" bought _ALL_ the sets. (...) That is a very weak argument. (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I have it on good authority that you are wrong about that. ANd even if you aren't, so what? Your beef is that enterprising Americans bought up stuff that you had a chance to but didn't? (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Those, "Ever been injured, maimed or felt bored at work? Call us, we'll try to sue the pants off them, at no risk to yourself." adverts? They disturb me too it has to be said. (...) I don't have a problem with someone, be it from America or (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Explain... (...) What do you mean? Scott A (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Do you mean me or Richard Dewsbery? I did a search for "Dewsbery" and it came up with 19 hits, none of which seemed that outspoken. But reading his message did remind me of some of my own posts a while ago in market.theory, so it would be easy (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Before I'm pounced upon, that statement isn't meant to be an all-encompassing answer for the worlds ails - I'm not quite glib enough to say that, but rather that it's a general rule that can apply to somethings and not others. I don't have a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Compensation for what? For revealing one's willingness to ruthlessly take advantage of an *obvious* database problem, on a large scale in some cases? (Though, admittedly, if they were such a large and automated shipping business that no one (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

G. Benedikt Rochow wrote in message ... (...) <snip>> (...) Humm... I don't recall trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes or trying to take any unfair advantage. Come to think of it, I didn't even create their error. If you think I did please (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) This is a good point. I do find the "holier than though" attitude of some posters (and not just in this thread/topic/group) to be a bit much. Scott A (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I asked Paul. I think he would know who he sold to. (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I would have to agree with you both...Lugnet is not a "pissing contest". It's supposed to be a great place to get information and meet new people that have the same interests; i.e. LEGO...Isn't that what Lugnet was intended for in the first (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I must have missed the "Hey everybody, BB is getting BH way cheap" message? (...) So you bought 96 not knowing was a "gold mine"? (...) What were the risks involved on the BH thing? (...) How many 3rd world economies have been turned over to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) This NEEDS to go to off-topic.debate, followups set there. Suffice it to say that I'd not care to live in a world where everything was "equal". To me, "equal" means taking away from those of ability and giving to the undeserving. (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Oh well. You snooze you lose, I guess. And the fact remains - they were THERE in the European marketplace to be bought before BB got hold of them. I don't care if Martians bought them all - if they called first and had the money to pay for (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Which holier than thou attitude would that be? The "several Americans bought up all the stuff before we could get to it" attitude? The "it isn't fair for people with lots of money to buy 20 copies of a set and prevent someone who finds out (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Ooops - yep, thanks! (...) Agreed - equality doesn't have to be applied universally to make some things more "equal". I don't think that I implied that everything in the world should be "equal". (...) "Undeserving" is a very ambiguous term, do (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) The former. Those who work hard make their own chances and get their own opportunities, therefore don't need help from some sort of scheme to make things "equal" as long as the government they're under isn't actively suppressing rights. There (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Explain. :) To me it seems like there are two groups: a) Those who want/expect something more from the Entertainer b) Those who say let it pass - it would have been great if they had honoured their obvious error, they didn't.. fair enough! Is (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

FUT off-topic.debate (...) So did everyone else, there wasn't one. I don't know if you've run the numbers, but phone calls cost money to Paul. Every call means time he has to spend on the phone, and that's time that he isn't waiting on customers. He (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

Larry Pieniazek wrote: <snip> (...) Yeah, because for every hard working, self-made mi/bi/tri/etc.llionaire, there are 2.5 deadbeat, silverspooned offspring who have most likely been ignored and have no concepts of value or any other redeeming (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

Richard, you have to be careful in trimming your attributions. What was ">>" in your post was not said by Scott, but rather the words of Nick G. Trimming off Nick's name can cause confusion. I agree with your main point in this post, but then I feel (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Yep. Shirtsleeves to Shirtsleeves in 3 generations, as they say... (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Wow, that sounds almost as optimistic as my view of the world ;) I agree that those who work can make opportunities for themselves, but also that those with opportunities have the dice loaded in their favour towards gaining new opportunities. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) The latter, I suspect, at least at the basic theory level. I'm more interested in trying to get to the bottom of what I perceive as a "resentment" issue that surfaced again while discussing the Entertainer situation... Seems to me that there (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) If you tried to order any of their mispriced items, you certainly did try to unfairly take advantage of their erroneous data in their automated system (in their sleep no less?). (...) No you didn't - or are you saying that you honestly (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Doesn't just seem that way to you... (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Sounds good :) (...) My personal view is that it's nicer to give 20 people 1 thing, than give 1 person 20 things (related specifically to Lego deals in this example). That doesn't logically extend to saying that the one person who has the 20 (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) "Can't we all just get along?" said Reginold Denning... (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I think Lego is for making constructions... not making money. As a lot of people know, my aim is to keep it self sufficient. Which is harder for me, as a lot of people are put off by the fact I live in Scotland. (...) A long waffling diatribe (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieni[snip] (...) Sorry if I caused any confusion, I've probably done this a few times before as well! (...) Yep, I bear the Entertainer no grudge either. Richard (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) copies (...) No I don't. And I rather resent you're assumption of the right to distribute your (erroneous) opinions of my views. The reference was in fact to people who knew that the prices were wrong, but were still "trying it on" to a great (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Wow, rather demanding, aren't we? I think someone else has already pointed out that I probably meant another Richard (there are so many of you). He was right. (...) Well, sorry if I can't keep my Richards straight, but I'm surprised that a) (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I've replied to this elsewhere. (...) Am I? I ruddy well am not! I had no part in the whole blue hopper thread. And I was not referring to you, but anyone ordering unfeasably large numbers of (usually) very expensive sets. (...) I'll avoid the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) What if they're technic pieces? They're pretty holey :-) Richard Though which Richard I'm no longer sure myself. (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Everyone seems to ignore the efforts and costs of the phone calling. I didn't get any hoppers because I didn't force myself to get up early enough in the morning to call from home since I've never bothered to get a phone card so I could call (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Who says you're the Richard that I was talking about when I said "it's me that Richard is talking about". :-) I was talking about the Richard that Mike was talking about. :-) I knew which Richard he meant even if, at the time, he misattributed (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Ah, but to which Rich was your comment pitched? I'm pretty sure that the only contribution I made to the Blue Hopper thread was to try and get it off loc.uk once it became a discussion of how to get cheap DVDs! I may be wrong, but I searched (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Was this me or someone else? If I did have an outspoken opinion on it, then I'd like to go back and make sure I still agree with was was written. But as I don't remember writing anything, and I can't find my name in the thread, that is a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

I just snipped all the chatter... I had placed two huge orders when I found out. First off, I figured I wouldn't get them. Then again, I would not be mad if I didn't. It is just a great deal if I can. I would feel like a total schmuck if I didn't (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) <JOKE> Who knows? As a yank, all you brits sound/read a like to me. </JOKE> (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) 17!!! Wow, cool. I suspect maybe some module reengineering is about to happen given that you have a boatload of black/white beams now... Either that or a MONSTER bridge, which will be very cool as well. Why 17 instead of 15 or 20, just out of (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Agreed! It's nice to hear something positive come from this event! Richard (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) This might actually be appropriate if I had used or endorsed the term "yank", or indeed participated in any anti-American feeling. If I started talking about a Mike somethingorother who said thisorthat, then a) You probably wouldn't care what (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Larry Pieniazek (<38454882.3045A081@...ager.net>) wrote at 16:10:42 (...) I have to back Larry up on this one. I got a few more than several :-) All for personal use, I hasten to add. (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Mike Stanley (<slrn84as2r.2ds.cjc....utk.edu>) wrote at 17:45:30 (...) While I agree with you that Larry appears to have had a pivotal role in making the hoppers immediately available to this community, for which he should be (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Oooooooohhhhhh! If only I hadn't blown my LEGO budget!! I'd love to get my hands on a couple of these for a good price!! Bugger!! Pete Callaway (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Oops! I actually ordered 15. I wanted to buy 17, but couldn't. I am actually going to sell off 5 of them to defray the cost of buying so many. I figure that I can keep 10, sell the rest via whatever channels I deem fit and cut down my cost and (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

Which all begs the question: What else is stuck in some Lego warehouse somewhere ? *or* Just where did these blue hoppers come from ? Ray (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Well, of course I'm not _lying_. I might be misremembering, but I'm not LYING. If I were lying, Larry wouldn't have followed up on my post and flushed it out with some details. Maybe it was Simon, or Bill, of Juakim. If I weren't coming down (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Sorry, I meant "making an untrue statement", rather than "intent to decieve" - I should have clairified though. (...) The power of suggestion? :) (...) Flu sucks.. or maybe that statement doesn't belong .debate (...) You'd be spot on if I had (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I'm not going to use my 10% offer, so if anyone is interested in it let me know. The GBP to AUD exchange rate still kills the good deals. LarryP's factoring service could come into play if someone wants me to order something for them. Going (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I think it's very thoughtful of folks to make this offer but people thinking of taking folks up on it may want to check with their CC companies. Several of my cards do not allow shiptos to differ from billtos... Just something to check on (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) of (...) on (...) I just checked with my credit card company and they don't have a problem with it. As long as the funds are available when the sales enquiry is made then it can get shipped to wherever the card holder wants it to go. I took (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Every new customer Paul gets, is one that might come back again. I'm sure he'd be happy if he sold a few of these sets to new customers. (...) Lego is for making constructions, not making money. I sell on ebay/trl/lugnet to get money to buy (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

So has BB now sold out of these (8880's)? (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Yes I think we should. If nothing else, some of the posts above are startinging to get a little paranoid. Scott A (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I would agree with Tony, if it wasn't for Larry, I would never have a blue hopper, which I have now, for a decent price. thanks, Larry! Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn CAD Operator Affiliated Engineers, Inc. Work Page: (URL) Page: (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) So if Larry were selling coffee beans or stock (as he does - the stock, not the coffee beans (or does he?)) then it would be ok with you if he sells them for "money" or would it only be ok if he sold them in order to be able to buy more of (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I'm not "presenting" an argument, I'm just answering the question. That is what I do, you, or anyone else, are free to do what ever they want, or at least I hope you are. (...) Did I say that? (...) As you did with this post? (...) What are (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) The same thing Larry did. And of the same thing I'm doing right now - not bothering to actually respond to anything else you say at all, ignoring an opportunity to actually further discussion, but simply coming back with an almost smartass (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) It was hardly worth saying it then? (...) Now I'm not sure if I like _your_ tone. If I ask questions you don't like, just ignore them. Scott A (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Maybe. But his costs to do a one off are pretty steep and he told me (again, I remind you, I've had some rather lengthy conversations about this topic with him, something you don't yet seem to have internalised) he was glad to have sold a (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Other than to let you know that not just one, but two people perceive your posts that way. I don't know about you, but when 1 person tells me I'm doing something annoying I might just think it's their problem. When two people (or more) tell (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) That would explain why after that he started up his one per customer rule. A rule which I think he has since set aside... or at least for me :-). What is pertinent about the length of your conversation with paul? I have spoken to Paul 4 or 5 (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I'm really tempted to tell you what _I_ think. But I do not think that is anyone's interest, including my own I suppose. All I'll say is people in class houses should throw stones. Scott A (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

OK, OK, let's drop this. Scott, you do snipe at people and you're not the only one from the UK (or the US for that matter) that does. It annoys me to no end to carefully craft a response and have most of it ignored so the responder can score some (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I should stay out of pissing matches, but hey, I've got a full bladder so... Another little point in this issue. Is it ok for Paul, or TLC for that matter to make money on LEGO sets? If not, how do you expect to get them? If so, why is it ok (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) No, it wouldn't. (1) I can't offer an explanation for it either. But I can stick to what I told you he told me about it. That's the truth. (...) Well, we weren't talking about the weather, we were talking about substantive issues directly (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

<384689C9.2BC09E99@hw.ac.uk> <38468B94.73FC33EC@voyager.net> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit (...) I won't respond to this. (...) Just take it that I agree or have no opinion on the points I do not respond (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) This is a major misperception from what I have read in numerous e-mail posts from people in Great Britain, do you have examples of "limited access" to health care, etc. or is this just a random statement? You can go to any employer here and (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Frank, if this is aimed at me, I'd just like to say that I have no problem with anyone making money... even those guys making money on the "S@H only" items on ebay does not bother me all that much (I know this goes against the knapp - no (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) In the UK, you do not have to have employed to have access to, arguably, one of the best health services in the world (NHS). Everyone here enjoys a health service which is "free at the point of delivery" - ie it is paid for via income tax. If (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Well, it isn't free, someone is paying for it, whether it be you be the income tax or someone else footing the bill, but this point has been debated ad infinitum in off.topic.debate for a long time (March-September or something?) if you care (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Thanks for the chuckle, Scott. I promise I won't try to perpetuate a common misconception of America. ;-) However...the first job I was ever offered health care in is my current one as a software developer. No other job I've had -- college lab (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

Jeremy, (...) Misconception? I thought I typed misperception, oh I did. I am glad I can get you to laugh, however! (...) Hmm...I had health insurance from my mom and dad through high school and some college, I didn't have it for three months when I (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I say conecption, you say perception, let's just order a pizza. (...) Scott, I may be opening a huge can-o-worms here, but... You got off pretty easy in terms of health insurance, esp. being covered by your parents after high school. (My dad's (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Umm.... Pizza! :) (...) Not really, most companies do this nowadays. (...) Not really, especially considering if that is one of the things you look for. I can find 20-30 positions in Ann Arbor right now that have health benefits with the job. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Really? Shoot. I'm gonna have to stop reading Lugnet, then - I barely have enough responsiblility to cover my work and real life commitments, none to spare for my hobbies. Or can I be irresponsible by removing the responsibility requirement (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) This might seem obtuse, but... Imagine a lunch room at a public school. You have 20 nickles. Do you give 20 hungry kids one nickle each, or give one of them all 20 so they can get lunch? I'm only pointing out exceptions to your 'rule.' Chris (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Why? In other words, why is my need for 20 any LESS valid than anyone elses need for 1? Usually, the market allows me to satisfy my need. IF I am willing to pay more for all 20 than those that want one are willing to, in other words, (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) It's not obtuse, just irrelevant, as I did state that the example was related "specifically to Lego deals" - as I predicted such a response with my amazing predicto-vision, and tried to avoid it :) It did also mention the flaw in trying to (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) *sigh* I really wrote: -- My personal view is that it's nicer to give 20 people 1 thing, than give 1 person 20 things (related specifically to Lego deals in this example). That doesn't logically extend to saying that the one person who has the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Who's this Peter Hallway???? Is he new???? Pete Callaway (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Yeah, he signed up at about the same time as Scott Understairs-Cupboard. Ahh... subtle British humour... (1) Richard (1) WHERE HAS IT GONE???!?!?!??!?! (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) A little too subtle, even for me. I've been called "Caltex", "Kelloggs", "Crawlaway" and a few un-postables, but never "Hallway". One minor fault I have is that I can be a bit precious about the spelling of my surname, as very few people get (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) ** sigh ** Well I didn't say you said it was bad. I'm just asking "why, exactly, is it nicer"? (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Nah, it's not a fault - stick with it! It's a common courtesy to get someones name right. Just now the web seems to be filled with affluent 'westerners', but when it becomes a more truely global medium, we'll be grateful for all the practice (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Bah, you've got the bigger sigh, you win. No more sighing for me then. *sulk* I was responding mostly to: (...) Which I read as you saying that I said it was wrong/bad whatever, but I've confused myself now, and it's probably not that (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) You know, while my basic response to this would be, "yeah, I know, some people, through no fault of their own and through no lack of hard work, will simply never make a fraction of the money Larry makes, but that's just reality, we deal with (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) computers (...) One problem here is that there are two mostly separate issues. The first issue is given people have money and good have prices, is the distribution of those goods fair. The second issue is (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) True, but one doesn't want to appear like a prude, although I do have long time friends who insist on sending Christmas cards addressed to "Peter Calloway". Arggggg!!! (...) I think there is a very real distinction. Whilst British humour tends (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Thankyou for *considering* my points - sometimes it seems like an all too rare thing on usenet forums! (...) I'm trying to resist the pull of cynicism myself, I don't know how well I succeed sometimes! (...) Very true - if you can't be happy (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

<FM5Cyw.4v7@lugnet.com> <slrn84eoh3.3kp.cjc@...s.utk.edu> <FM77oM.12J@lugnet.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit (...) Right, it's with you for being a slacker and not earning enough to buy it! <grins, (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Yes. Perhaps in an effort to be uncontroversial[1], you didn't mention the malleable priorities under 1.) above: 1a: Buying 1b: Sorting 1c: Trading 1d: Building 1e: Selling That's just my personal order; YMMV. It's also horribly idealized, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) ie. "bait'n'switch". It seems to be extremely common with camera shops, and it _can_ get you into trouble - but it takes a lot. And one obviously misentered price doesn't cut it. Same with a $"3.00" Rolex - a "reasonable man" can know that (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) "Well, we sold out of the $230 gray market Nikon FM2n, but we do have this $280 US version - look, it even comes with warranty and everything!" Jasper (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) God, I hope not. StarOffice is almost buggier and more bloated than MSOffice. Jasper (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) No, no, no. Your need for 20 isn't less valid than someone else's need for 1. But 20 persons needing one getting satisfied _does_ make for a larger overall level of happiness. Jasper (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) How so? I am more than 20 times increased in happiness than the average increase in happiness of those 20 other fellas... so the larger overall level of happiness is on my side... :-) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Not to mention the increase in happiness about being able to debate about it... <duck> James (URL) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Ah, but the law of diminishing returns states.... :) :) Richard (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Who said I didn't factor that in?? :-) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) But did you? :) Answers on the back of a 6277 to the usual address... Richard (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Yep, StarOffice bites. (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Yeah? Bummer - I only ever played about with it for about half an hour before, and I found it miraculous to effortlessly load msword docs on my solaris box at work! Not that I needed to of course, as all the documentation I did was in (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) In the best time-honoured manner of Usenet debate. Jasper (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I'm inclined to believe otherwise - but since I can't prove, or even really tell, one way or the other, this is a spurious argument ;) Jasper (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Well, noting that I'm speaking mostly as a channel for other people since I have little experience myself: It leaks memory worse than Netscape 4, it crashes more often than Win98, and the user interface sucks (according to those who're forced (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Well of course it's spurious. But so's the original thesis. :-) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) In other words it combines the most widely discussed features of the most common software packages of our time. Those words being marketing-speak. (...) I wouldn't expect it to be better... yet! :) Richard (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) The fact that it runs like crap is the biggest part of it. I also don't like the all-in-one interface. Its user interface feels like an old off-bran Works-type program. And I don't think it will qualify as an alternative to MS Office for a (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) With enough memory (all my machines have at least 256, and that's enough) I'd rather run Linux and VMWare+NT and Office 2000 than Linux and StarOffice any day. Maybe if S.O. didn't suck I would feel differently, but I'll put up with the lags (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  (canceled)

Richard Franks <spontificus@__nospa...yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FMCELH.J2s@lugnet.com... (...) By the way, it's the law of diminishing _marginal_ returns, and all it states is that at _some_ point, additional units of a good will provide (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

<FMCELH.J2s@lugnet.com> <FMHr07.84s@lugnet.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit (...) :-) Although I AM an animal around my trains, and I do think they have a life of their own (unlike me... I have no (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I stand corrected! :) (...) True, but I'd compare 1 LEGO set to 1 packet of M&Ms, as opposed to 1 LEGO set to 1 M&M. In general of course, I'm not into trains so if I was maybe my perception would be different. Although, if LEGO Direct helps (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Richard Franks <spontificus@__nospa...yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FMI6p1.DrF@lugnet.com... (...) given (...) people (...) I'd say probably 20 times the average of 20 people with 20 each :-) I'm not sure I've ever seen a grown man look more (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Thanks! That's the nicest thing anyone's said about me all day! There are a lot of good rules to live by in the members pages but one of my favorites is "be childlike but not childish"... (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)