 Local / United Kingdom / 2059
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:06:36 GMT

It's the policy of many retail industries that till shortages come out of
pocket for the people on shift.  That is why many retail industry workers have
a policy that till overages(?) go into a pot that is used to cover shortages.

That's a illegal activity here in Canada.  The store owner has to eat it, not
the till person!.  Esp. a problem with restaraunts, where people run out on the
bill, recently a store was charged and fined quite heavily for billing the
waiter for a meal that the people skipped out on.  It is viewed as being a cost
of business, and a supervisory role problem, not the person on the till.  They
can fine (take disiplinary action) them for repeated instances, but for single
instances, no.

James Powell