 Local / United Kingdom / 2040
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 18:06:44 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Mike Stanley writes:
Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
While one may have legal grounds in the US for claiming that the offer
was made, if one were to do that one would not be the sort of person
that I like. But then, I return overages when the cashier makes change
making mistakes.

We did that the other day at the drive-thru.  Total was 9-something.
Cashier handed my wife some coins (correct amount) and a ten and a
one in exchange for a twenty.  We almost didn't catch it, but did
(thank goodness).  When we tapped on the glass to hand the dollar
bill back to the lady she looked so grateful.

It's the policy of many retail industries that till shortages come out of
pocket for the people on shift.  That is why many retail industry workers have
a policy that till overages(?) go into a pot that is used to cover shortages.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/