 Local / United Kingdom / 2058
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:05:26 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote in message ...
<snip>
I just think that it is unreasonable to expect them to come back
with a 50% discount.  If you think they should do that you're likely
saying that because of a technical glitch they should willingly take
a loss, not only on your discounted purchases, but those of a lot of
other people as well.  _That_ is what I mean was unreasonable, and I
think you'd agree.

I do agree. A 50% discont on an item that is already marked down 50% is
unreasonable. And doing it on over 100 sets would probaly close the place
down. I am not all that upset about it. You win some you lose some.

   I know at this point that I will not buy from this site because what
they have isn't all that great. I also know that if I were given an option
or benefit that exceeded my expectations I would probably be submitting
another big order. Who wins? I don't know. But I do know I feel better
ranting just a bit.

Ranting is good, it just sounds like what you're saying is that
since you missed out on getting something for (almost) nothing, what
it would take to make you happy is getting something for close to
almost nothing now.  I'd love to pay almost nothing for everything I
buy, but reality dictates that businesses need to make profit to
stay in business.

At some point the business has to make money, but sometimes not in the early
stages. For example I just received a few free baseplates from the Online
Toys R Us using their coupons. There is no profit for them in that. They are
going for market penetation not profit at this point.

But I know how you feel - you missed out on
something and you're wishing you hadn't.  But you don't hold it
against them for making a decision that might very well have
preserved a job or two, do you?  After all, we're just talking about
plastic bricks here.  :)

--

I am not holding anything against them. I just don't think what they have is
that spectacular. Now an  $8 US Space Shuttle is spectacular and that is

-Nick