 Local / United Kingdom / 2055
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 21:41:01 GMT

Nick Goetz <ngoetz@iquest.net> wrote:
I am not sure what a reasonable attitude would be, I was just give my two
cents. I was looking to cash in on a good deal (no make that great deal) and
I am just disappointed it didn't come through. I think that is within my
rights.

Definitely - didn't mean to imply that it isn't.

I just think that it is unreasonable to expect them to come back
with a 50% discount.  If you think they should do that you're likely
saying that because of a technical glitch they should willingly take
a loss, not only on your discounted purchases, but those of a lot of
other people as well.  _That_ is what I mean was unreasonable, and I
think you'd agree.

   I know at this point that I will not buy from this site because what
they have isn't all that great. I also know that if I were given an option
or benefit that exceeded my expectations I would probably be submitting
another big order. Who wins? I don't know. But I do know I feel better
ranting just a bit.

Ranting is good, it just sounds like what you're saying is that
since you missed out on getting something for (almost) nothing, what
it would take to make you happy is getting something for close to
almost nothing now.  I'd love to pay almost nothing for everything I
buy, but reality dictates that businesses need to make profit to
stay in business.  But I know how you feel - you missed out on
something and you're wishing you hadn't.  But you don't hold it
against them for making a decision that might very well have
preserved a job or two, do you?  After all, we're just talking about
plastic bricks here.  :)

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/