 Local / United Kingdom / 2047
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 19:01:34 GMT

I am not sure what a reasonable attitude would be, I was just give my two
cents. I was looking to cash in on a good deal (no make that great deal) and
I am just disappointed it didn't come through. I think that is within my
rights.
    I know at this point that I will not buy from this site because what
they have isn't all that great. I also know that if I were given an option
or benefit that exceeded my expectations I would probably be submitting
another big order. Who wins? I don't know. But I do know I feel better
ranting just a bit.

Take care.

-Nick

Mike Stanley wrote in message ...
Nick Goetz <ngoetz@iquest.net> wrote:
I agree the lawyer route is defiantly not the way to go.

However, if they admittedly made the mistake, meaning they were not hacked
of screwed by a disgruntled employee, they should have offered a more
generous compensation. Ten percent off of a sale isn't worth its weight in
shipping.  Even 20 or 50% would have made the error more forgivable.

-Nick
(a not so impressed would be consumer)

That's an unreasonable attitude, imo.  Their prices already seem
pretty good, especially considering they're offering sets that can't
be found easily elsewhere.  10% off in addition to those pretty good
prices seems like more than fair - in fact it might be approaching
their cost, who knows?

Don't get me wrong, I love to get things as cheaply as possible, but
the reality is they made a _mistake_ but they're still a business
and they still need to make _profit_ to stay in business.  They
won't stay in business long by adopting a policy of taking a loss to
make customers happy, especially when those customers are probably
never going to shop there at regular price anyway.

Be honest - how many of you guys would have hopped on these sets at
their posted prices now?  Probably not many.  So what would be the
point in sucking up to you (for something that cost you nothing
other than a little time) just to beg you to make what very well
could be your only purchase there in the next year?

That being said, I'll readily admit that I shop mainly for the good
deal. Regular price doesn't interest me, nor does 10, 20, 30, or
even 40 percent off.  So maybe I'm playing the role of the pot here,
calling the kettle black...

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/