 Local / United Kingdom / 2065
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 23:37:40 GMT

Nick Goetz <ngoetz@iquest.net> wrote:
At some point the business has to make money, but sometimes not in the early
stages. For example I just received a few free baseplates from the Online
Toys R Us using their coupons. There is no profit for them in that. They are
going for market penetation not profit at this point.

Speaking of TRU online, Rachael and I received our orders today from
the fire sale they were having last week.  Here 2 Snowspeeders
arrived just fine, but oddly enough, I only received 8 of the 9
Lightsaber Duels, even though the invoice says 9.

Now, I'm going to call them tomorrow and explain the situation to
them but I've actually never had an order arrive incomplete (as far
as I can remember).  I've received the _wrong_ thing, but never just
1 short of some number.  I'm a little anxious about the call - but I
assume the person on the other end will understand that I'm calling
mainly because of principle - the buck eighty I paid for that one
I'm missing isn't that big a deal, I just want to let them know I
didn't get it, and expect them to get it to me somehow, although
speed isn't that much of an issue.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/