 Off-Topic / Debate / 2772
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 02:24:37 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John VanZwieten writes:

Richard Franks <spontificus@__nospam__yahoo.com> wrote in message

Ah, but the law of diminishing returns states.... :) :)

By the way, it's the law of diminishing _marginal_ returns, and all it states
is that at _some_ point, additional units of a good will provide less
additional satisfaction than previous units.  Quite often diminishing
marginal returns do not set in after the first unit, in fact marginal
satisfaction often increases for a number of units.

I stand corrected! :)

Take M&Ms, for instance.  One of the little suckers just whets your appetite.
It takes at least a small handful before they are even worth the trouble.

True, but I'd compare 1 LEGO set to 1 packet of M&Ms, as opposed to 1 LEGO set
to 1 M&M. In general of course, I'm not into trains so if I was maybe my
perception would be different.

Although, if LEGO Direct helps to make trains an affordable hobby(1).. I can
see myself taking it up at some point in the future (2).

After watching Larry faun over his trains, I feel confident that he would
enjoy 20 hoppers _at least_ 20 times the average of 20 separate people given
hoppers.

You have the advantage over me on this one - how about the average of 4 people
with 5 each, or 2 people with 10 each? :)

Richard

(1) I'm not prepared to pay market (eBay) rates!
(2) After some minor miracle grants me more floor space.