 Local / United Kingdom / 2149
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 01:33:21 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Mike Poindexter wrote:

I am a happy shopper and can't wait to get my fleet (17) of Space Shuttles,

17!!! Wow, cool. I suspect maybe some module reengineering is about to
happen given that you have a boatload of black/white beams now... Either
that or a MONSTER bridge, which will be very cool as well.

Why 17 instead of 15 or 20, just out of curiousity...

Oops!  I actually ordered 15.  I wanted to buy 17, but couldn't.

I am actually going to sell off 5 of them to defray the cost of buying so
many.  I figure that I can keep 10, sell the rest via whatever channels I deem
fit and cut down my cost and also get the sets into the hands of some other
people who wouldn't normally buy a set overseas.  After all, the shipping per
unit is horrendous on one set, but reasonable on 15+.  I would have bought
more, but my credit card hit max, which is a VERY BAD sign to me.  (I have
been done in by the Blue hoppers, train sets from S@H, 5561 and 6444 from
KayBee and extra track purchased all very recently.)

For those that would attack this line of reasoning, I would not have been able
to buy them otherwise.  Not all of us yanks are rich.  Some have to buy and
sell Lego just to pay for the habit.  Kind of like Scarface, I have to make
sure I don't get high on my own supply.  Either way, it gets people who were
paying $330 for a shuttle the ability to buy them much cheaper and I get some
even cheaper Lego.  Who knows, when I am finished, I may just have gotten them
for £4.

Mike Poindexter

(Also, for those that are curious, I also ordered 14 of the Fort
Apache/Legoredo sets (my wife is a western nut) and 14 Silver cities - mainly
for town parts.)