 Local / United Kingdom / 2096
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 17:07:40 GMT

I agree the lawyer route is defiantly not the way to go.

However, if they admittedly made the mistake, meaning they were not hacked
of screwed by a disgruntled employee, they should have offered a more
generous compensation. Ten percent off

Compensation for what? For revealing one's willingness to ruthlessly
take advantage of an *obvious* database problem, on a large scale
in some cases? (Though, admittedly, if they were such a large
and automated shipping business that no one there would take
enough care to notice the problem until after shipping, one might
well call it their own fault. E.g. Amazon just mailed me an
expensive order twice (the first shipment didn't show up in their
database), while effectively charging me only once. No, I did return it.)

I am *very* surprised that they are giving any discount at all, rather
than ending those emails with "[...], but thanks anyway for trying
to screw us over."

-gbr