 Local / United Kingdom / 2019
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 15:47:16 GMT

I agree the lawyer route is defiantly not the way to go.

However, if they admittedly made the mistake, meaning they were not hacked
of screwed by a disgruntled employee, they should have offered a more
generous compensation. Ten percent off of a sale isn't worth its weight in
shipping.  Even 20 or 50% would have made the error more forgivable.

-Nick
(a not so impressed would be consumer)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <3843EA8F.2FC10BBA@voyager.net>...
Paul Mison wrote:

Good luck, but I doubt they'll honour the orders- but with some of the
Americans I've seen on the previous thread, I'd be surprised if there
wasn't a legal battle brewing here too. (Insert smiley here.)

It's pretty clear now that this was an honest mistake(1). Anyone that I
*like* won't push the point. The Entertainer has offered 10% off on an
order to make up for it, from what I hear, although I have not yet
received a reply to my inquiry, or a "sorry about that" note in reply to
my order.

But you're right about some people perhaps wheeling lawyers in.

If anyone is listening and contemplating that, I respectfully request
that you not.

(1) - although I stand behind my comments that there may have been a
legitimate reason for lowering the prices on some items to the point of
almost giving them away.