 Off-Topic / Geek / 751
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 01:57:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Jasper Janssen writes:

Well, noting that I'm speaking mostly as a channel for other people
since I have little experience myself: It leaks memory worse than
Netscape 4, it crashes more often than Win98, and the user interface
sucks (according to those who're forced to use it) worse than Internet
Explorer 4.

In other words it combines the most widely discussed features of the most
common software packages of our time.

Those words being marketing-speak.

That said, if you have a *nix box, it's still better than Office on a
separate and/or dualboot NT/9x box. Whether it's better than Office on
NT on VMWare on *nix is a matter for (quite lively, I might add)
debate.

I wouldn't expect it to be better... yet! :)

Richard