 Off-Topic / Debate / 2610
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 15:38:16 GMT

<384689C9.2BC09E99@hw.ac.uk> <38468B94.73FC33EC@voyager.net>

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

OK, OK, let's drop this.

Scott, you do snipe at people and you're not the only one from the UK
(or the US for that matter) that does.

I won't respond to this.

It annoys me to no end to
carefully craft a response and have most of it ignored so the responder
can score some points with the viewing audience. But you're an honest
trader and a solid contributor, let's just not go there.

Just take it that I agree or have no opinion on the points I do not respond
to(?). Remember, I will not say anything online that I would not be willing to
say to people in person.

I'd be more interested, in this venue, in exploring why there is a
difference in perception about the profit motive in general, and why
people from the UK resent the US, (as I see it) for having a larger
focus on economic value, than in exploring the thread we are on because
that way lies bruised feelings.

To a larger extent, I really do think this is paranoia. I suppose in the States
every thing seams to have a monitory value, and/or is exploited for it. My only
real gripe with the US system is that it has resulted in so much social
exclusion within society. I'm talking about people who have only limited access
to health, education and other parts of society. I think these are very real
problems.

I'd rather people hated/resented me for good stuff, like making piles of
cash, than for petty stuff, like biting back at people for how they
respond to my posts.

If I "hated/resented" you I would not bother responding to your mails...
additionally I'd be a little two faced also since to take advantage of your
very much underrated factoring service. I'm 30 years old, and I'm quite happy
to say I hate nobody... although my ex-GF does have a particular dislike for me
(even after therapy).

Scott A