 Off-Topic / Debate / 2619
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 18:53:25 GMT

Sproaticus wrote:

I say conecption, you say perception, let's just order a pizza.

Umm.... Pizza! :)

Scott, I may be opening a huge can-o-worms here, but...  You got off pretty
easy in terms of health insurance, esp. being covered by your parents after
high school.

Not really, most companies do this nowadays.

(My dad's employer would only cover dependants living at home.)
OTOH, I have friends I graduated with, who have worked the nine years since
high school graduation, who have never been eligable for health coverage
through their employers.  Now, it's their fault for not finding another job,
but that's neither here nor there.  Point is:  health insurance is by no means
guaranteed by employment.

Not really, especially considering if that is one of the things you look
for. I can find 20-30 positions in Ann Arbor right now that have health
benefits with the job. But, that is really not the point of this whole
can of worms. I think most of the people from Britain, based on their
posts, think America needs a socialized, government run health care
plan. I disagree, I think there are market based plans that would work
much better (Newt Gingrich had an excellent plan).

It has, thanks due to a certain person! :) (Another debate, another
time!)

Gimme a name; I'll look up the news.

No, I do not want to go down this road again. Let's just say the economy
has benefited, and it is a much better environment for everything.

Everything has a dollar value.  Money is just an extremely vague abstraction
to measure units of Work.  Work is a requirement to produce any Thing.
Therefore, all Things have monetary value.

Of course, that's oversimplified.  The actual amount of Work to produce a
Thing is impossible to pin down, as is the Work-to-money ratio.  But
everything in the States, the UK, everywhere, has a monetary value.

Yes, from benefits to LEGO's to food, etc. Money is a decent way of
representing items for goods and services.

Responsibility is the price one pays to be a Compartmentalized Dork.  ;-)

Hey, I resemble that Compartmentalized Dork in a cube! Actually, that is
my whole life, or at least my LEGO collection is in many different
compartments:)

Scott S.

Scott E. Sanburn
CAD Operator
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/

Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Main LEGO Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html

Soon to come: Star Wars LEGO Sets Parts Selling Page!