 Off-Topic / Debate / 2614
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 16:51:55 GMT

Scott-A wrote:

In the UK, you do not have to have  employed to have access to, arguably, one of the
best health services in the world (NHS). Everyone here enjoys a health service which
is "free at the point of delivery" - ie it is paid for via income tax.

Well, it isn't free, someone is paying for it, whether it be you be the
income tax or someone else footing the bill, but this point has been
debated ad infinitum in off.topic.debate for
a long time (March-September or something?) if you care to look. I won't
rehash it.

If you have
never paid 1 penny in tax your entire life you have the same provision as a tax payer
earning £500,000 per annum.

IMHO, since I work two jobs to enjoy the life I have made for myself, I
would be and am upset  when I have to pay for a lot of people who do not
contribute to society, and yet still reap the benefits of it.

"Social Exclusion" is a wider term, I used it to mean
those who feel alienated/not part of/ unwanted by society.

Well, I feel alienated in this country, mostly be the the leftist
malcontents running things, and the lifestyle I live. But that is
another debate, isn't it?

Scott S.

Scott A
BTW : my wife works for the NHS.

Ah, an unbiased opinion if I have ever seen it. :)

Scott E. Sanburn
CAD Operator
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/

Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Main LEGO Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html

Soon to come: Star Wars LEGO Sets Parts Selling Page!