 Off-Topic / Debate / 2607
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 15:09:08 GMT

OK, OK, let's drop this.

Scott, you do snipe at people and you're not the only one from the UK
(or the US for that matter) that does. It annoys me to no end to
carefully craft a response and have most of it ignored so the responder
can score some points with the viewing audience. But you're an honest
trader and a solid contributor, let's just not go there.

I'd be more interested, in this venue, in exploring why there is a
difference in perception about the profit motive in general, and why
people from the UK resent the US, (as I see it) for having a larger
focus on economic value, than in exploring the thread we are on because
that way lies bruised feelings.

I'd rather people hated/resented me for good stuff, like making piles of
cash, than for petty stuff, like biting back at people for how they
respond to my posts.

Scott-A wrote:

Mike Stanley wrote:

Scott-A <s.arthur@hw.ac.uk> wrote:
What are you accusing me of?

The same thing Larry did.

It was hardly worth saying it then?

Other than to let you know that not just one, but two people
perceive your posts that way.  I don't know about you, but when 1
person tells me I'm doing something annoying I might just think it's
their problem.  When two people (or more) tell me, though, sometimes
I'm smart enough to think that it might just be my problem.  Not
always, but sometimes.

I'm really tempted to tell you what _I_ think. But I do not think that is
anyone's interest, including my own I suppose. All I'll say is people in
class houses should throw stones.

Scott A