 Local / United Kingdom / 2119
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 20:35:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Richard thinks its wrong for some people to have more than others,
presumably whether we're talking about money, Lego sets, or
whatever.  He's been fairly outspoken about it before.

If you didn't catch it, he was making a reference to the problem he
had with several Americans buying up tons of the Blue Hoppers a
while back.

I've replied to this elsewhere.

Ya, this really gets up my nose, as they say in the UK. Let's review,
one more time, the blue hopper thing, because, after all, it's me that
Richard is talking about.

Am I?  I ruddy well am not!  I had no part in the whole blue hopper thread.
And I was not referring to you, but anyone ordering unfeasably large numbers
of (usually) very expensive sets.

So I guess I'm sick of these veiled references to the "blue hopper
thing". You people whining haven't internalised what a "venture
capitalist" brings to the table and why it's fair that a VC makes a
boatload of money the one time in 10 or 100 when things go right. Which
is why the UK economy, much improved that it is, doesn't hold a candle
to the US economy.

I'll avoid the obvious Anglo-Saxon reply to this.

Up to this point, I'd respected Larry as a valuable member of the RTL and
lugnet community (making more of a contribution in the past couple of years
than I ever will).  But right now, at least until I cool off, he's not on my
list of top ten people.

And to top it off, after attacking me on the basis of a thread I've never
posted to, Larry gives another contributor a ticking-off for incorrect
attributions of messages.  That REALY takes the biscuit.  Especially as I'd
been at pains to point out exactly which Richard I wasn't!!! (Which shouldn't
be taken as a slight on the rest of Clan Richard)

Richard Dewsbery