 Off-Topic / Geek / 753
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 06:18:46 GMT

Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote:
That said, if you have a *nix box, it's still better than Office on a
separate and/or dualboot NT/9x box. Whether it's better than Office on
NT on VMWare on *nix is a matter for (quite lively, I might add)
debate.

With enough memory (all my machines have at least 256, and that's
enough) I'd rather run Linux and VMWare+NT and Office 2000 than
Linux and StarOffice any day.

Maybe if S.O. didn't suck I would feel differently, but I'll put up
with the lags and performance hit of VMWare if that means I don't
have to use Star Office.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/