 Off-Topic / Debate / 2663
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 22:59:12 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 21:09:24 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net>
wrote:

Why? In other words, why is my need for 20 any LESS valid than anyone
elses need for 1? Usually, the market allows me to satisfy my need. IF I
am willing to pay more for all 20 than those that want one are willing
to, in other words, demonstrating that my need is greater.

No, no, no. Your need for 20 isn't less valid than someone else's need
for 1. But 20 persons needing one getting satisfied _does_ make for a
larger overall level of happiness.

How so? I am more than 20 times increased in happiness than the average
increase in happiness of those 20 other fellas... so the larger overall
level of happiness is on my side...

:-)
Not to mention the increase in happiness about being able to debate about
it... <duck>

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/