 Off-Topic / Debate / 2637
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 04:12:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Stanley writes:

So yeah, speaking in a strictly feel-good kind of warm-fuzzy way, I
almost agree with you.  A person who makes 1/50th of what another
person makes may just want some limited item just as much, may
"deserve" it just as much.

Thankyou for *considering* my points - sometimes it seems like an all too rare
thing on usenet forums!

But in my cynical "the world sucks and most people do too so we just
gotta make the best of it" way, I know that it doesn't really matter
if the low-paid person wants the high-priced toy as much as the
high-paid person.  The high-paid person usually gets it.

I'm trying to resist the pull of cynicism myself, I don't know how well I
succeed sometimes!

Really, though, does it matter?  It's just stuff.

Very true - if you can't be happy without a certain Lego set, then the problem
isn't with your lack of Lego. (1)

Richard

(1) Speaking from a philosophical viewpoint of course, hopefully protecting me
from cries of "Blasphemy!" :)