 Local / United Kingdom / 2104
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 17:45:30 GMT

Scott-A <s.arthur@hw.ac.uk> wrote:
Richard thinks its wrong for some people to have more than others,
presumably whether we're talking about money, Lego sets, or
whatever.  He's been fairly outspoken about it before.

If you didn't catch it, he was making a reference to the problem he
had with several Americans buying up tons of the Blue Hoppers a
while back.

I don't want to speak for Richard, but the BH is a totally different issue. On that
occasion, "several Americans" bought _ALL_ the sets.

Oh well.  You snooze you lose, I guess.  And the fact remains - they
were THERE in the European marketplace to be bought before BB got
hold of them.  I don't care if Martians bought them all - if they
called first and had the money to pay for them.

I think all this thinly veiled jingoism is pretty funny.  The same
people who bitch and moan about how they can't get buckets and such
in Europe, and certainly can't get them for 70% off after Xmas, are
all too willing to buy some of those from me and others, yet they'll
make snide remarks about the yanks buying up all their sets.

What Larry said is true.  Without HIS money to make the BH deal
happen hardly anybody would have gotten them.

'Course, if the European Legomaniacs had done their job
in the first place and bought them when they came out they wouldn't
have been there for Busy Bee to find and sell.

That is a very weak argument.

I disagree, but it doesn't matter.  I haven't seen anything more
than whining about "fairness" from the other side, so I don't need
strong arguments to respond.

The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/