 Off-Topic / Debate / 2600
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 13:29:13 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

Scott-A <s.arthur@hw.ac.uk> wrote:
So why are YOU selling stuff on eBay? Out of charity? I doubt it. You
seem an honest trader but I just don't get this.

Lego is for making constructions, not making money. I sell on ebay/trl/lugnet to
get money to buy more Lego. As many people who deal with me know, my sole aim is
to be self sufficient.

So if Larry were selling coffee beans or stock (as he does - the
stock, not the coffee beans (or does he?)) then it would be ok with
you if he sells them for "money" or would it only be ok if he sold
them in order to be able to buy more of what he's selling?  The
whole argument I think you're presenting there is silly.  Money is
money is money - whether you turn around and buy more Lego sets or a
nice new receiver for your home theatre system.

I'm not "presenting" an argument, I'm just answering the question. That is what I do,
you, or anyone else, are free to do what ever they want, or at least I hope you are.

And who is to say that Larry ISN'T selling with the sole purpose of
making his hobby self sufficient?  Do you assume that because he
makes a lot of money doing other things (both by selling his
expertise in his field, i.e. _working_ and by making smart
investment decisions) that he couldn't possibly need the money from
the Lego auctions/sales to bolster his Lego budget?

Did I say that?

Your tone may not be intentional, but the fact that you have, until
mostly this post, cut off legitimate sections

As you did with this post?

and responded within
sniping little remarks sure SEEMSs intentional, and not simply
concise.

What are you accusing me of?