 Local / United Kingdom / 2141
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 23:57:26 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Mike Stanley writes:
Richard Franks <spontificus@__nospam__yahoo.com> wrote:

Was this me or someone else? If I did have an outspoken opinion on it, then
I'd like to go back and make sure I still agree with was was written. But as
I don't remember writing anything, and I can't find my name in the thread,
that is a little difficult!

<JOKE>
Who knows?  As a yank, all you brits sound/read a like to me.
</JOKE>

This might actually be appropriate if I had used or endorsed the term "yank",
or indeed participated in any anti-American feeling.

If I started talking about a Mike somethingorother who said thisorthat, then
a) You probably wouldn't care what I said :) but anyway..
b) You might think it unreasonable if you had to ask three times for
   clarification as to who I was talking about, or what, or where

I did some of my own research,
http://www.lugnet.com/?q=%2Brichard+%2Bhopper

Brought up no posts containing "Richard" AND "Hopper" that could be considered
to contain outspoken comments. Replacing Richard with Simon did though, maybe
you were thinking of Simon?

I'm not saying that you are lying, I'd just really like to know which Richard
you are talking about, so that I can clarify that it isn't me, or review my
statements if it is!

Richard