 LEGO Company / 672
671  |  673
Subject:
Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 05:44:34 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

It’s only a couple of weeks in the new year, and it looks like it’s going to be an interesting 2004!

I have a request, but before I go any further, let me say that personally, I understand the concerns surrounding the color changes. I know many of you think of me as a marketer here to shill products. I’m an AFOL too with a healthy collection of light and dark gray, so I can understand your concerns.

As both my duty as the Community Development Manager, and as an AFOL, I’m interested in helping to make sure that the LEGO Company fully understands the issues you have as well. I’m looking for your help to deliver the message. To be totally clear, this is me asking in order to have answers ready if and when my colleagues ask.

I would ask that you reply to this thread with your thoughts and feelings about the color issue, both for and against. One post per person, I would think would make sense. I would ask that the debate be restricted to other threads, and that all posts be rational, calm, and non-hateful. This will ensure that I can more easily pass along the information, and that the message isn’t bogged down in debate.

Please understand that this is simply a fact/feeling/thought finding mission, and does not mean that the decision to change colors is going to be changed. Many of you have asked for the latest status information. There is nothing new to report at this point. The color change is proceeding as planned, and sets are rolling (and have already rolled) off the line with the new colors.

But I know that you don’t like this answer, so please use this opportunity (as well as continuing to direct complaints and feedback through LEGO Customer Service) as a way to have your voices heard.

Again, we are not changing the colors back, and from what I know now, we aren’t considering it. This is an information gathering mission only.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jake

---
Jake McKee