 LEGO Company / 752
Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 03:32:54 GMT

Thanks for taking the time to ask for our views. I have not personally seen the new colors yet, but I can understand where folks are coming from. They see a discontinuance of an existing (and well used) set of colors. Likewise folks see a long road ahead to get enough of the new colors to be useful. To put it another way, people are stuck between a rock and a hard place. What probably caused most of the consternation is that TLC/LSI made no attempt to issue a ‘End of life / Last call’ for those items before it became a fait accompli.

Having said that, may I suggest a partial solution (it won’t make everyone happy, but it might smooth the transition if the color change is irreversible)...

A limited production run of a tub (similar to the 4400) which contains an ample stock of both the old colors and the new colors (in a variety of bricks, plates and slopes). Should you choose this direction, please ask for advance orders so that you know how many the market might really be able to absorb (because as we saw with 4400, the demand far exceeded the supply). Some people might be more interested in the old colors, some the new colors, so I would expect some horse-trading after the fact to move em around.

Again, thanks for asking for our views. Ray Sanders