 LEGO Company / 794
Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 06:44:52 GMT

Thanks for the opportunity to offer my opinions on the new 2004 colors.

I’ll have to admit that I’m disappointed with the new grays and brown. While they look great in the handful of new sets I have purchased, they simply do not match my existing pieces. While I have a meager collection compared to many here, I have been buying Lego as a hobby since the late 80s. I still barely have enough gray bricks to fill a 15qt tub. It is frustrating that that’s going to be it forever.

And from a sorting standpoint, having a few of a just-slightly-different color is going to be a nightmare. If and when my 6 y/o ever lets me take these new sets apart, the new colors will probably be set aside in my “Rare Colors” box. They’ll look great as details, but I can’t imagine having enough to build anything worthwhile.

This color change will definitely negatively influence my decision to purchase a predominately gray (ie castle) set.

I just wish they had simply been”new” colors and not replacements.

Thanks for listening, Kristine