 LEGO Company / 706
Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:45:44 GMT

I have two main concerns with the color change.

1. The brown bothers me more than the greys. Brown needs to look like wood for so many creations and themes (Castle, Pirates, and Wild West, just to name a few). Even though I tend to be a historical builder, which means my greys tend to be used as stone and not metal, the new grey doesn’t bother me. Stone construction should look mottled and have variations, so I can work the new colors in that way. Reddish-brown really dosen’t work as wood though.

2. The once concern I have about the greys are the Harry Potter sets. The new classrooms and other Hogwart’s sets are going to look off sitting inside my Hogwarts castle that’s made out of the old greys. Is this why LEGO has decided to repackage and rerelease Hogwarts this year, so fans can have a Hogwarts with the new colors?

Jason