 LEGO Company / 730
Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:37:55 GMT

Jake McKee wrote:

I would ask that you reply to this thread with your thoughts and feelings
about the color issue, both for and against. One post per person, I would
think would make sense. I would ask that the debate be restricted to other
threads, and that all posts be rational, calm, and non-hateful. This will
ensure that I can more easily pass along the information, and that the
message isn't bogged down in debate.

My take on the issue:

For the new grey, the change is rather subtle and unless put right next to
eachother I don't see much problems with using the color in new models I
will make together with the old grey.

For the new dark grey however things don't look so well... the blueish color
looks like certain kinds of steel, very cold and it lacks the earth-like
tone the old dark grey had, making it a lot less useable for houses and
such.

One question for you Jake (might have been answered before, can't remember
reading it though):
What will happen with sets on the market now with the old style grey(s)?
Will those products disappear after stock runs out, will there be reruns in
old colors or in new colors? In particulair : Snow Speeder (which is very
recent), Legends (Castle!) and bulk. I noticed the Metroliner 10002 being
phased out in Europe, is that a sign on the wall for old-style-grey sets?

Regards,
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
Brick Piles          | Santa Fe B-unit