 LEGO Company / 731
Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:43:57 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi Jake,

nice to ask us about our feelings, but even if you tell us, TLC will not change back to the old colours, I still wish you would do. Even if that would not heal all the wounds that broke up now.

What I personally think about the colour change is the following:
  • It harms the brand, because the new colours look ugly when combined with the older ones. For most consumer it looks like a quality lack....

  • System has been compatible in colour and size since ever. This has now stopped. Who knows what comes next? We consumers feel very sceptical against anything done by TLC now.

  • First when I learned about the colour change I was shocked, but I was not claiming about. I wanted to wait till I had a definite opinion about it and have seen the colours myself. Now I bought one set and I am sure: I stop buying sets with bigger amounts of gray. I love the new X-wing and MF, but I will definitely not buy them. They are as useful for me as glued models. I want to make up nice MOCs and can’t do it from the grey bricks inside these sets.

  • I dislike the new colours since they look to military-like. We call them Panzergrau (tank grey) and Wehrmachtsgrau (ca. Nazi military grey) in Germany.

  • Sorting problems and other things have been mentioned for e.g. by Eric Brok (I really agree with everything he wrote) and others again and again. I will not loose time about all that.
Thank you for taking your time,

Ben

P.s.: I am of the opinion only changing the size of the bricks and falling behind MEGA BLOKs in quality could have been worse than this change. But obviously TLC works on that as well? ;-)) (No, this is no joke, but these are new bricks from the brandstore in Cologne - bought in late December) http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=615926

P.p.s.: I called the S@H today to order some more old grey sets. The Lady on the phone seemed to be amused, when I told her (in friendly words) about my personal feelings about the new grey. I told her I knew she was not responsible, but possibly she could tell at least her bosses about my claiming. She answered they were already talking about taking back the change.(!!!) Maybe this has just been meant as a lulleby for me, but I am not so sure about that. Maybe you are cut off from informations again? I hope so..... ;-)