 LEGO Company / 718
Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:46:03 GMT

Hi Jake,

Thanks for getting our feedback.

New colors are great, but I think a core color change is a mistake.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the ingenious idea of the LEGO company to get people to buy bricks, and then buy more bricks to add to their collection to build bigger and better things. That, in my opinion, is what makes the concept of the LEGO element so great.

If you collect hotwheels cars, you just keep getting more hotwheels cars as you collect. You might get a bigger collection, but you can’t do anything better with it. I beleive that being able to make bigger and better creations is what gets people hooked on the LEGO product. Some even into their adult years :)

Well, LEGO has now stifled the attempts of its customers who are trying to build up a collection of light grey, dark grey, and brown. The only people I feel this change could possibly ‘help’ build a collection are those who have never purchased a brick (only potential customers) and those who have more brick than they know what to do with (not many people).

James Brink