 LEGO Company / 719
Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:01:04 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jake

I’ll begin by saying “Thanks for letting me.”

In nice wording, the color change is a rather unwise move and I hope will be corrected.

Change is something we’ve (both LUGNET and general public) been reading about of lately. Many of us here have seen reports from the media concerning the LEGO Co. market performance and the changes in the higher eschelons of the LEGO Co. In particular was a quote by Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen:

“In our efforts to follow the trend, we forgot about our traditional, basic products -- the plastic building bricks -- ...”

In my view, the replacement of light grey and dark grey shades is an example of forgetting “... about our traditional, basic products ...”. The color change is not following the ideology to return to tradition.

Most here on LUGNET know my feeling of this color change but to those in the LEGO Co. (other than Jake) who are reading this I think the color change is an act of stupidity. My reasons are the same as many others here who have posted their reasons of displeasure with the color change.

Will I buy 2004 sets with the new grays? Most likely not.

Adrian Egli LUGNET member #806