 LEGO Company / 818
Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 12:39:24 GMT

Hello Jake,

I've been unpleasantly affected by the color issue, especially because of the
surprisingly sudden and unannounced nature of this change. During the past year,
I've been collecting an extensive range of special parts in light gray, for a
large project I had planned. This is a slow process due to availability of some
parts and financial constrains, and this also forced me to concentrate on these
special parts first. I was relaying on The Lego Company for the more standard
types of elements to become more and more available, as prooved by last years
devellopment with Pick a Brick outlets. But now it seems I have to abandon the
project I looked foreward to do.

I feel bad there was no propper announcement in advance, I've lost my trust in
The Lego Company regarding this point. I would have been helped with a
transition period keeping the old color available for a while, similair to what
has been done with the change from a 12V to a 9V train system.

I support the opinion that the old grays are preferable for representation of
buidings and natural surfaces, like rocks, stone masonry and concrete.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.