 LEGO Company / 762
Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:58:50 GMT

The new colors, in and of themselves, are fine. Others have done a great job expressing concern about the real issue - deprecating the old colors - and almost all of those reasons are near and dear to me as well, including the longer-term inability to enhance my existing collection of these colors, the sorting and storage issues, and especially the uncertainty of what may be changed next. Of course this isn’t directed at Jake personally, but the official reason put forth makes no sense to me and leave me wondering what other deeply intrusive changes may be coming.

I’ve spent over a year amassing dark gray parts for landscaping the layout of the local train club. Completion is far in the future and I may well be stuck finishing the project with a different “strata” of metallic-blue “rock”. :/ This is a big de-motivator for talking up TLC’s product at our public appearances.

I’ve seen the new grays but haven’t bought any 2004 sets. Yes, it’s just a hobby, but I am still struggling with the ramifications of this.

Steve