 LEGO Company / 763
762  |  764
Subject:
I don't like it!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:26:40 GMT

I think it's bad idea whose karmic boomerang will come back at TLG in more
ways than I think any of us can now predict.

1.  Compatibility no longer exists.  I hope the Consumers Affairs division
is ready to handle the increase in complaints.

2.  Any "Legends" set with the new colors will be a total contradiction.

3.  No warning and (so far) no believable explanation just seems to me to be
indicative of a total disregard for ALL of TLG's consumers.  Of course TLG
can do what they want with the product, but I don't believe that this kind
of change is going to be good for anybody.

However, it may be that TLG is looking ahead.  Perhaps we are going to be
part of a very difficult transition.  Perhaps TLG is attempting to adjust
the color palette for the upcoming decades at the expense of the previous
ones.  If that is the case, why not come out and say so?  Why has so
monumental a change been conducted in such a surreptitious manner?  Change
of this kind and in this manner is very sneaky IMHO, and I'm sure many
consumers will feel the same way.  I think it will be bad for their public
image and that their bottom line will suffer.

I'm trying to remain on the fence on this one for fairness' sake, but I'm
still gettin' bad vibes.

Hopin' for a recall in 2004!

Dave  (an optipess - one who hopes for the best but doesn't really think
things will change)

P.S.  Please prove me wrong!