 LEGO Company / 767
Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:48:31 GMT

Hi Jake,

I'm not exactly a huge poster here on lugnet, but I am a collector of huge
amounts of lego. I only got back into lego a couple of years ago so I no
doubt don't have the collections other folks here do.

I strongly oppose the colour change. Many good points have been made already
so I won't ramble too much. I would like to stress two points though:

1. Like many others, I am in the middle of a few large MOCs which will be
deeply affected by the change in colours. At the very *least*, the old
colours should be made available for a period of time via bulk bricks at
Lego shop at home. I repeat that this is the very *least* any
half-reputable company would do out of common courtesy.

2. This change of a core colour means that I can no longer trust Lego to not
make similar fundamental changes on the future (new red and green in 2005,
etc, etc). Lego appears to be unconcerned about backwards compatability
with previous years but only concerned with the sales of the *current*
year. However, backwards compatability affects both young and old Lego fans
very seriously.

Anyway, that's probably where I should stop. I won't be buying any new sets
this year, bricklink and ebay have all that I need and at least *they* give
me a choice in the colour I receive.

Yours,

Stephen Kane