 LEGO Company / 740
Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 00:07:48 GMT

Thank you TLG for such a change in color and how you did it.

I am sure that when my kids (who are NOT born yet) go to MBA school this will be a classic case study on how a company goes DOWN the toliet!

In my studys for my MBA I learned how IBM totally messed up by not listen to the market about the PC, how Xerox failed to understand that “paper” was a thing of the past and it should have gone digitlal, and how American Airlines failed to see the need of the local bussiness commuter and how SouthWest airlines took away market share.

TLG will soon join the ranks of the mighty that FALL!. It saddends me that those at the very top (thank goodness they are gone) can do so much damage and not hear the voices of those below. No common sense... I guess all that $$$ just goes to their heads.

Okay my thoughts on the new colors: WHATEVER!

I “play” with whatever you give me. However, based on all the negative comments you have gotten here I don’t think it was a wise decision NOT because ALL us AFOLs are complianing that we will NOT match anymore. TOUGH LOVE!

But for what Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote here: http://news.lugnet.com/lego/?n=678

His concern over the general public thinking the color change is a quality issues is the biggest concern of mine. I know that we (AFOLs) can not support TGL alone its the general public that keeps TGL afloat. But if they (the general public) percieve this as a quality issue and move away from LEGO then we (AFOL) are screwed becuase TGL will go belly up. Granted, I’m sure the color change alone will not cause TGL to go belly up. It’s just one of many errors that will lead the TGL to chapter 11.

-AHui

A&M LWorks