 LEGO Company / 804
Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 06:47:48 GMT

Jake,

Thank-you for asking. I am very much in favor of TLG bringing back the old colors. The cornerstone of the Lego System is compatibility. The idea that set elements can be combined. Colors are every bit as much a part of the Lego System as stud diameter and spacing. Replacing colors so enduring as the greys is devastating to builders... But I can’t see retail sales increasing as a result of such a slight color difference. What I can see is a flood of calls from consumers reporting quality control problems as children combine 2004 sets in with their older bricks. Buidings with windows that alternate in color. And how will train layouts look once track made with the new greys gets mixed in with older track? If there is anyone higher up that you can push this issue then by all means please do.
  1. Brian Williams