 LEGO Company / 839
Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 04:26:19 GMT

Jake,

This change means that I will spend most of my money on Bricklink rather on
new sets.  I will only be purchasing the original gray colors that match my
current collection.  While my dollars won't make much of an impact on The
Lego Company, enough people with the same feelings will certainly make a
difference.  I hope that TLC doesn't suffer as a result, since the company
has brought me hundreds of pleasant memories over the years.

This thought probably doesn't fall under your "rational" classification, so
you might want to take it out before you pass my thoughts on:

Aren't there better ways to compete with Mega Blok?

-Aaron

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message
It's only a couple of weeks in the new year, and it looks like it's going • to be
an interesting 2004!

I have a request, but before I go any further, let me say that personally, • I
understand the concerns surrounding the color changes. I know many of you • think
of me as a marketer here to shill products. I'm an AFOL too with a healthy
collection of light and dark gray, so I can understand your concerns.

As both my duty as the Community Development Manager, and as an AFOL, I'm
interested in helping to make sure that the LEGO Company fully understands • the
issues you have as well. I'm looking for your help to deliver the message. • To be
totally clear, this is me asking in order to have answers ready if and • when my
colleagues ask.

I would ask that you reply to this thread with your thoughts and feelings • about
the color issue, both for and against. One post per person, I would think • would
make sense. I would ask that the debate be restricted to other threads, • and that
all posts be rational, calm, and non-hateful. This will ensure that I can • more
easily pass along the information, and that the message isn't bogged down • in
debate.

Please understand that this is simply a fact/feeling/thought finding • mission,
and does not mean that the decision to change colors is going to be • changed.
Many of you have asked for the latest status information. There is nothing • new
to report at this point. The color change is proceeding as planned, and • sets are
rolling (and have already rolled) off the line with the new colors.

But I know that you don't like this answer, so please use this opportunity • (as
well as continuing to direct complaints and feedback through LEGO Customer
Service) as a way to have your voices heard.

Again, we are not changing the colors back, and from what I know now, we • aren't
considering it. This is an information gathering mission only.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jake

---¬
Jake McKee¬