 General / 33776
  I miss the old LUGNET...

Yes, I miss the old LUGNET. I miss people actually replying to a post. Two+ years ago, when I first found out about Lugnet, every post I made was replied to numerous times by friendly people just making small talk, telling me how much they enjoy my (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.general) !!

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

I haven't been on Lugnet long enough to really pass comment on it changing or not. But if you want to become a member I will pay the $10 minimum membership fee for you. If you not comfortable accepting this, just think of it as an interest free (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

I completely agree with you 100%. Gary Nick Crocco <swatlego@aol.com> wrote in message news:GM09tq.J79@lugnet.com... (...) place (...) Cool (...) would (...) don't (...) pointers (...) it's (...) not (...) me (...) free (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) <some snippage> Hi Nick, I am relatively new to LUGNET. I used to post to rtl, maybe about five to seven years ago, but then kinda fell out of the loop (internet-wise). I signed onto LUGNET this past spring (2001), but didn't really get (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) I don't want to talk for anybody else, nor do I want to add too much commentary on a situation. However, I can understand the situation. To expect a return of the old Lugnet is largely impossible, since Todd has decided to take a more "passive (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) <major snippin'> (...) I have to agree with Nick here...Todd and I talked on several occasions about this and that; mostly "orbiting" around Classic Space stuff. I'll definitely miss those conversations, since I'm not about to go bugging him (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

I don't know what's old Lugnet or what's new. I've been a member for some two years now, and I think the situation is simple: 1] There are two important Lego sites on the Internet. Lego.com and Lugnet.com 2] The internet is changing, the world is (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) As one of the DB admins, I'd like to take the chance to respond. :) The Blockade Runner specifically - while it was on FBTB for a while before it was posted here, that was because they were given advance info specifically from LEGO... I waited (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) BAH! I smell a typo in my past. Sorry about that. (...) Just checked 7320 and I see you've updated the image...thanks, Jennifer! You own some of these, I also see! Could you tell me where the numbering info for these li'l dudes came from? I (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Thanks, I'm glad that some share the same views as me. Don't get me wrong, LUGNET is still doing a great job and is THE place for AFOLs to talk, but I can't help but reminess (sp?) about the old days. Ya, it can be easy for a thread to be (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) The set numbers came from the LEGO Outlet Store - they printed the set number on the little price taggy thing. (...) I only trade with cash, which I'm saving up right now... sorry :) You may want to try and see if maybe the outlet still has (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

I agree :) -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 "Hendo (John P. Henderson)" <hendo@valyance.com> wrote in message news:GM156z.ty@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) wasn't (...) response. (...) ignored. (...) others (...) "Top (...) only (...) (...) (23 years ago, 31-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

Nick, and all, I too see this and wish it could be better, of course we all know that with thousands of members and dozens of threads, indeed it's difficult to keep up. But at the same time I think we could do better. We almost need a post outlining (...) (23 years ago, 31-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

Oooh, I just knew you were gonna do that.... <big grin> :) -H. (...) (23 years ago, 31-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) That's the thinking behind Castle World - bridging castle-heads together and allowing more freedom of conversation :) Of course right now we are not proficient enough with the internet or have the necessary funds to have it done on the scale (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

For what its worth Eric, I was always a fan and never posted because I considered myself out of your league. And Nick, I popped on to the internet scene about the same time and was very impressed by S.W.A.T. and still am. But, I agree with both of (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Perhaps whoever the curator for lugnet.newbie is could go through some of the posts there and put together a faq on the topic. General netiquette is a starting point but Things Are Different Here(tm), at least a little bit. (...) I don't think (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

It's cool Felix, I'm guilty too, I have always watched your enthusiasum for Aquazone, and infact I visited your site last night checking out the winners for your contest, I also would like to say you right, keeping in interest in a theme can pay off (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

In lugnet.general, Eric Sophie writes: <snip> (...) <snip> I agree that this would help us all out as a community of builders. In previous years (1), whenever a new LEGO catalog came out people would start a gigantic thread pointing out this or that (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

Ditto, Nick. These days I'll post a simple thought or question and it will be glossed over as though never created. I feel Lugnet has developed its own clique (sp?). There seems to be a core group, or an "in crowd" that communicate with eachother (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) To a certain extent this is true, but this is true of all public forums. This can be seen in every Internet newsgroup that I participate in. In my opinion, Lugnet has as its creators and keepers some of the most vocal and popular of the core (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

Good point, Jeff. I, too, will always be a part of the Lego community regardless of my "popularity." (OOOH! A response! I feel so important now!) OK, I'll shut up. (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet

(...) Hi, this topic has crossed my mind a few times in the last year or so, but I guess I have a slightly more accepting view of it. I don't think that the changes that have happened to Lugnet could have been avoided. I started like many of us did, (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.general) !!

  RE: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet

(...) Unfortunately, I think this applies to MOCs too. We're so used to seeing amazing MOCs from people that it gets harder and harder to impress us. (Maybe I should speak for myself...) There are so many great, ultra-detailed MOCs out there that (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) I havn't been here long, but i miss it too! I try to post little things, words of compliment, & some ideas, but.... lately i've been to busy to reply. (...) I have no problem with the e-mail confirmation because i use the net, not my e-mail. (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  RE: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) IIRC, anyone (not just members) who has his/her posting settings stored in a cookie does not need to fill in the info every time or reply to a confirmation email when he/she posts from the web interface. I *am* a member, but I still get (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

To All, Well, I guess I am an old fuddy-duddy here on LUGNET, I remember the begininng and all.... somebody get me my wheelchair! ; ) I think LUGNET is changing, and it has too, there are a lot more people than 2 years ago. I know for myself I don't (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  RE: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet

(...) Yeah, I've noticed this too. probably not much we can do about it, though. Ok, now it's time for -my- flashback... ;-) I remember being -quite- proud of myself, about 6 years ago, as I had just built a little house with 4 walls and a sloped (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Yeah, thats it... (...) Me too, or I'd miss some stuff... I use both the e-mail and web (...) BUILD!? I need to sleep;-). I've missed enough sleep, between my senoir stuff (yeah I graduate this year...), Haloween, & working on my Lynx Medivac (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

I agree with everything said here Eric, (...) Truth be told, I only saw this recently, a few weeks ago, I meant to pass on my congrats through e-mail but forgot completely, sorry. :-( (...) Amen! when I was just getting started with showing off my (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

Heh! I agree with both of you guys! BTW Larry, who made you LUGNET's policeman? You just wish you had as much creativity and talent as Eric. :-P (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) I thought it was up to each member of a group to make the group better. Maybe the better question is why don't you contribute that way? (...) I wish I were as creative as either Eric or Larry. But so the hell what? What was your goal in such a (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Lugnet can always grow; it's up to us to make it happen.

(...) I don't either--this was really an incredibly open forum, the likes of which I only see on 'blogs and Portal of Evil anymore (and trust me, you don't ever want this to become either of those things). The gateway Todd put in place is really (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Heh. I like that shuttle, by the way; I remember posting something to that effect around Christmastime, but the gallery says it's new. Was there a prior incar- nation, or are they just new photos? LFB (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) No thanks, I'd rather devote my time to building. (...) What (...) Yup! (...) Guess so. (...) :-P (...) Mladen Pejic, over and out! (URL) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  (canceled)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

Thanks, LFB. They're new photos of the same model with minor detail improvements, to be precise. I wanted to clean up the background as well, so I placed the shuttle on the back of a road sign for the metallic reflective effect. It's the back of an (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  (canceled)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Woof! (inside joke) Let's let this one go now. Eric has posted that he understands why wide crossposting isn't always ideal. As a side note, though: The way that community norms get adhered to is by pointing them out. The way that community (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

In lugnet.general, Amy Hughes writes: snip (...) You spelt "narcissism" wrong. :-P (...) Mladen Pejic, over and out! (URL) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) No one. See (URL) for some further thoughts on this. (...) This is actually pretty good advice. If only it were true that, in your case, building (and posting about your MOCs in a gracious way) was the sum total of your contributions here at (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Perhaps she has less practice than you in using the term? (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) No, not really. I really think that is your favourite word. Mladen Pejic, over and out! (URL) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Updated Shuttle MOC (thread dragged over from .general)

(...) I'll have to go look at it again to check out those effects, as they didn't compute before. What details changed? If possible, you might consider putting up one of the old photos, just to highlight those changes--my memory isn't what it used (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) I've always been aware of the "in" group, but I try my best to ignore it, Mostly because at school, it drives my nuts, so I try not to bring that "in-out" mentality to the internet. BTW, You've always had a spot in my mental book of "neat (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet can always grow; it's up to us to make it happen.

I don't post very often, but I have been a lurker for years since the heady days of Fibblesnork. I understand the comments of people who reminisce about the old Lugnet, but didn't Lugnet evolve from frustrations on RTL? I don't know how many people (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet can always grow; it's up to us to make it happen.

(...) Well, it *could* happen. When I was in college a friend of mine knew a fellow student who bought a large bag of lentils once a week and lived all week on lentil soup. Toward the end of the week when the lentils ran out she went hungry, so my (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Updated Shuttle MOC (thread dragged over from .general)

If I were to re-post older (blurry) pics of the shuttle, the only noticeable difference would be the lack of landing gear. The shuttle used to sit on a stack of six CDs, so I decided some feet would do it justice. They are true to the actual model - (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) This thread seems to have really gone off course, but if spelling is important (which I personally think it is), I believe there are plenty of other more commonly used words throughout this thread that have been misspelled that we should be (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Then perhaps you should take your own advice, Larry. Some of us would rather spend our time building, congratulating others on their new creations, and offering help to those who ask for it rather than tearing down others here at LUGNET. (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Who made you the judge of what topic is closed and what topic isn't? Topics stop being posted about because all the participants stop. (...) So "mine mine mine, you can't post that design without crediting me" is helpful? I'll keep that in (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet

In lugnet.general, Bram Lambrecht writes: <lil' snip> (...) Yes, you hit it dead on with those comments. There are many builders (myself included) who simply have yet to learn all they can from other people's experience (some because of being (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) You're right. It's good to get spelling correct but it shouldn't be the be all and end all of evaluating an argument. Here's my view of why it was mentioned: Mladen was just trying to undercut Amy's point and tear her down without contributing (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Do everyone a favor and grow up before you post another asinine comment. We like to have mature conversations at Lugnet. (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Well Mladen, I'm going for it, ;-) (...) Maybe he didn't want the topic to be posted to LUGNET, as to save bandwidth, I'm sure you agree? and I don't believe he CLOSED the topic, as just moved it to e-mail, :-) (...) I'll back that up too, :-) (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) "Topic Closed." means "move it to email", then? Thanks for the tip. (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Hey Larry, I've stop that kind of behaviour & attitude. The difference between you and me is that I can actually learn from my mistakes. Go back to posting your LP spam now, and annoying Scott, 'cause I'm getting sick of you. Mladen Pejic, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Oh, I'd rather shoot myself than be narcissistic like you Larry. I, and many others are utterly disgusted by your behaviour. Mladen Pejic, over and out! (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Wow! Thank for that tip Chris. I'm so sorry that I can't waste more time on lugnet.off-topic.debate and learn how to insult people. I should take lessons from Larry. Mladen Pejic, over and out! (URL) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

While I have not been a member that long and rarely post, I have read and used Lugnet since it’s first months in existence, and I continually enjoy it. I found this post in the “Top Stories” category, and wished to comment on posts that I had read. (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) He said "topic closed," but also said that replies should be sent to his e-mail, so I would assume that that meant the topic was closed on LUGNET, but was meant to continue through e-mail. :-) -Geordan- (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) That is too funny… Death before I become a ‘Larry’ …LOL… -I'd rather die before I became you.- Is that what your sayin’? That’s really harsh... but never the less still very funny! ;) Lovin’ the angry people, --==Richard==-- P.S. How many (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet can always grow; it's up to us to make it happen.

(...) I'm pretty sure that it's an abstract noun (so by itself "kudos" should be article free). But was it okay for Lindsay to break that rule to make his point clearer? (...) !!!! ...we are not worthy... --DaveL (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Lugnet can always grow; it's up to us to make it happen.

(...) I had a room-mate in 1991 who would buy a big package of bacon every two weeks on the day he got paid. He'd fry up the bacon and eat it all day the next day. For the remainder of his two-week pay cycle, he would reheat some of the bacon grease (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Lugnet can always grow; it's up to us to make it happen.

(...) Heck, I wasn't even sure if he HAD broken a rule. The dictionary also said it was a colloquialism, particularly in academia, and since my copy is an edition last updated in 1974, I figured if anyone was up on the latest on the evolution of the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

And who said flame wars were dead? Granted this may not big a huge flame war, but still. ~my thoughts~ Ok, I agree with Larry - I think he has very valid points and good intentions. I do not know if people just do not get what he is trying to say, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lugnet can always grow; it's up to us to make it happen.

(...) What a terrible way to live! I hope those complaining about the $10 cost of a Lugnet membership can appreciate this example of real suffering. I mean, imagine living for three months with the smell of rancid bacon grease permeating all your (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) has (...) this (...) I think you missed the point of what (most) people posted about. They're not talking on a change in the last few months, but in a change over the past 3-5 years! I doubt the email/nntp authuntication had that kind of (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lugnet can always grow; it's up to us to make it happen.

(...) Not necessarily. I didn't do it to make the point (which would have been wayyy off topic), I did it to imply that I was saying kudos. I think you're right that it's abstract; I should have put it in scare quotes, but I dislike them enough that (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet

In lugnet.general, Joel Kuester writes: <Heavily snipped> (...) True enough. Since this is essentially a site whose content is driven by its users, then change should be anything that any of us can imagine. (...) Well, since I'm a person who's (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet can always grow; it's up to us to make it happen.

(...) Indeed it is, and plural would be "kudH" (that's an Eta) but I can't use it in a sentence. Webster's (1968) reports that the English plural is also "kudos". Was it the candy bar that brought in into the mainstream? The word means "glory, fame, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet

(...) One of the more untapped ideas I think we could try and play with more is to think of it more as a database, and bring those aspects forward, like what Jon Palmer did with .space discussions on his Galactic Shipyard. I thought that was a great (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) No one made me the judge of anything. I was testing to see if you had the willpower to let the discussion drop. I have my answer. (...) Hmmm...looks like you don't really read Mladen's posts after all. I might as well talk to the wall if this (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Agreed (...) No grudges, I just prefer to be spoken with rather than spoken to. I'm certain that others around here would prefer that as well. (...) I have positive view about Larry most of the time. Sometimes he manages to come across as (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lugnet can always grow; it's up to us to make it happen.

(...) No need to be apologetic-- that (along with an email in which the writer idly speculates about whether he could get away with burying the women he knows under the porch) is the most amusing stuff I've read all day! Alas, my real-life (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet

(...) by (...) to (...) what (...) thought (...) major (...) unless (...) I think that's a great idea, and the curators of various themes should indeed keep such links active on the theme page. :) Dan (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Well, let's see. Mladen slagged Amy. I called him on it but then let his comebacks insults go. Mladen called me LUGNET's policeman. In another thread, I discussed why people who care about LUGNET need to get actively involved in helping grow (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

I miss my daily dose of spamcake ;) Julie (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Join a train club, make sure they're in on the Spamcake Diner thing, and you'll be all set. But ya, where DID McD go? Those sigs were *so* funny (although you can argue they were such an inside joke that they may have confused newbies). (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GMB95o.6Ju@lugnet.com... (...) argue (...) He's still around, I just don't know why he isn't posting as much. Might be the second kid - IIRC she's about 6-7 months old now. In fact, I (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Well, you slagged Eric too. You just have to prove that you are right, don't you Larry? You just couldn't leave Amy's first message to Eric alone, could you? You always have to add your two cents... Well, this is what it got you. (...) Nah, I (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Larry, getting actively involved is something many of us try to do, Mladnen included. Unfortunately, sometimes helping comes across as criticism, no matter how hard we try to make it not look like that. I've recently been on that side of (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet

Dan Boger wrote in message <200111050436.fA54aM...on.com>... (...) So have curators been appointed for some/all themes? Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths: (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  mine mine mine (was Re: I miss the old LUGNET...)

(...) Forgive me if I am wrong Larry, but do you not copyright your designs? How different is that from your caricature of Mladen?? Scott A (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Hey, I'm sick of him too. :) Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Are you really saying you think he is? Or just that you think he thinks he is? (...) :-o (...) I agree with Larry that this is an "important discussion". What I can't understand is why it is in this group? Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: mine mine mine (was Re: I miss the old LUGNET...)

(...) The differences I see are: 1. Larry doesn't make his design(s) public, and 2. Larry has never asked anyone for credit, claiming they've used his design(s). At least not publicly on Lugnet, AFAIK. ROSCO (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: mine mine mine (was Re: I miss the old LUGNET...)

(...) Really? (...) That is not the point. Both Larry and Mladen claim ownership of their designs, but neither wishes to share without credit. It is that simple. Larry: ==+== ...feel some sense of ownership (the same way any designer does) in the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet

(...) I'd love to do this for Pirates (actually, I've mostly done it, I've only got about 150 lugnet.pirate posts not processed (most of the posts aren't directly indexed because they simply point to web pages which are indexed). I've got a lot of (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet

(...) I know SOME have but I wasn't clear on whether they have moved from prototype/debug mode to full production. As I suggested before, if you're a curator, you ought to consider modifying your page(s) to say so and give a mechanism to contact you (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: mine mine mine (was Re: I miss the old LUGNET...)

(...) I agree completely with Scott. It is reasonable in general to protect ones rights to IP. The manner in which various people do this is another matter entirely. Chris (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: mine mine mine (was Re: I miss the old LUGNET...)

(...) Yes. IIRC, the posts of mine that Scott cited (without giving the URL, for some reason) were in support of the notion while somewhat less (quite a bit less) supportive of the manner in which that notion was voiced by some. (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: mine mine mine (was Re: I miss the old LUGNET...)

(...) No problem: (URL)were in support of the notion while somewhat less (quite a bit (...) But you both have expressed the "mine mine mine" view... in my view. No big deal. Scott A (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  (canceled)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

Complete 100% agreement here with all of your points. It almost seems to be a reflection on the general state of LEGO product. The "new" stuff is good, but the "old" was far superior! The old Lugnet format was easier and more fun to reply to, the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) I figure there's some fixed probability of any one post getting a response, so I beat the odds by posting a lot. Sooner or later, someone's *gotta* respond to something I say... It also helps that I'm not afraid to occasionally post obviously (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) This just sparked an idea... As an nntp user, the sportlights are almost invisible to me. Would it be possible to autogenerate a crosspost of some sort when a post makes the spotlight list? Just something to mull over... (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

"Amy Hughes" <lugnews@public.atreides.org> wrote in message news:GMCA6M.I45@lugnet.com... (...) not (...) ads, (...) Even if (...) not, (...) Tell me about it! However, I take my stance on being 100% against invasive advertising to the technology (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet

(...) I think the main reason that some of it is so negative (and I'm guilty of that) is that some of the products are plain and simple crap. I've made this analogy before, but I'll make it again. Not telling the LEGO company how bad some of their (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet

(XPOST & FUT off-topic.debate) (...) This is a tangent, and I'm not commenting on your analogy. But... 'The bottle of beer in his hand' is *not* the alcoholic's real problem. It's *a* problem, and it certainly needs to be dealt with. But throwing (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  ta ta Jack Stone? (Re: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet)

(...) Is there any basis for this, or is it just speculation? (...) The current series actually makes quite a good toy. I think the play value is quite high. I'm just sorry that we largely have Jack Stone at the expense of town. Ultimately, Jack (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: ta ta Jack Stone? (Re: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet)

(...) I think this was just wishful thinking. :) I know that this is all I want for Christmas. (...) It might make a good toy, but I think it makes a poor LEGO series. Just my opinion; not based on any facts. (...) I think this is the biggest (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet

(...) All right..... I'll give you that one. :) I wasn't really thinking the analogy through completely. Regards, Allan (I'm not a LEGOaholic, I just play one on the internet) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: ta ta Jack Stone? (Re: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet)

(...) I agree. The parts are mostly poor and a little oversized, but it is a great introduction to Lego. I just wish my youngest kid is a little older... although Duplo is plenty fun too! (...) You mean Jack Stone II? :o Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)