 General / 33841
RE: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 22:42:57 GMT

At 8:14 PM +0000 11/2/01, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
Joel Kuester writes:
. . .
Over time, the new car smell has faded, but the vehicle still
works great! . . .

Unfortunately, I think this applies to MOCs too.  We're so used to
seeing amazing MOCs from people that it gets harder and harder to
impress us.  (Maybe I should speak for myself...)  There are so many
great, ultra-detailed MOCs out there that few things seem really special
anymore, even if they are excellent MOCs.  The lesser, but still good
creations just get buried in the flood.  I can see how a newbie who
doesn't have quite the same experience building or who hasn't gotten the
chance to learn from others could be discouraged by lack of response to
his/her budding efforts.
--Bram

Yeah, I've noticed this too.
probably not much we can do about it, though.

Ok, now it's time for -my- flashback...  ;-)

I remember being -quite- proud of myself, about 6 years ago, as I had
just built a little house with 4 walls and a sloped roof. I had
barely enough bricks to do it because I was using my childhood
collection. At that time, all I could think was, "Wow! I never made
anything *this* cool when I was a *kid*!"

-Suz