 General / 33837
RE: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 20:14:43 GMT

Joel Kuester writes:
. . .
Over time, the new car smell has faded, but the vehicle still
works great! . . .

Unfortunately, I think this applies to MOCs too.  We're so used to
seeing amazing MOCs from people that it gets harder and harder to
impress us.  (Maybe I should speak for myself...)  There are so many
great, ultra-detailed MOCs out there that few things seem really special
anymore, even if they are excellent MOCs.  The lesser, but still good
creations just get buried in the flood.  I can see how a newbie who
doesn't have quite the same experience building or who hasn't gotten the
chance to learn from others could be discouraged by lack of response to
his/her budding efforts.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu