 General / 33836
Re: Posting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 19:35:12 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
So my question is - where does one draw the line on posts and replies?
What is actually beneficial vs. just noise ... ?  I personally have adopted
the following philosophy:

1)  Post whenever I have a new creation.
2)  Reply to a newcomer who just posted for the first time.
3)  Post to answer a question - only if I get to it 1st though :)
4)  Reply to someone else's creation - only if I can offer specific comments
about what I liked or what I would like to see in the future.
5)  I just have more time than usual and devote extra time looking at
someone else's creation, thereby bringing me back to # 4.

Very often, I will just highlight someone's creation as a non-verbal stamp
of admiration.  If I don't reply, it very often means that what I thought
about the issue has already been said, and I don't want to come across
as redundant.

Hi,

These are pretty much the same rules I follow when deciding to post, and you
have worded them very well.  Perhaps if you want to register your approval
of a MOC and not waste bandwidth, you could add another step:

4.5) email a personal message of positive comments.

it may be a nice way to get to know other AFOLs more personally, too.

cheers!
Joel Kuester