 Off-Topic / Debate / 14529
Re: mine mine mine (was Re: I miss the old LUGNET...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 10:52:23 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Johann writes:

Mladen helps far more than he hurts.

So "mine mine mine, you can't post that design without crediting me" is
helpful? I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip.

Forgive me if I am wrong Larry, but do you not copyright your designs? How
different is that from your caricature of Mladen??

The differences I see are:

1. Larry doesn't make his design(s) public, and

Really?

2. Larry has never asked anyone for credit, claiming they've used his
design(s). At least not publicly on Lugnet, AFAIK.

That is not the point. Both Larry and Mladen claim ownership of their
designs, but neither wishes to share without credit. It is that simple.

Larry:
==+==
...feel some sense of ownership (the same way any designer does) in the
design. I want to do what I can to ensure that my contribution remains known
in it, and further, I want to do what I can to preserve the value of the
design so that I can continue to market it as a kit.

(later)

... I am not threatened by people copying for their own use, as long
as they acknowledge me (and so far, every pic I have seen on the web of
hoppers that are derivative clearly does that). I think in fact it builds
sales and interest. Not everyone has time and resources to find all the parts
needed, so they come to me.
==+==

I think both Larry & Mladen are not being unreasonable in asking credit be
given.

Scott A

ROSCO