 Off-Topic / Debate / 14519
Re: I miss the old LUGNET...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 18:57:19 GMT

And who said flame wars were dead? Granted this may not big a huge flame
war, but still.
~my thoughts~
Ok, I agree with Larry - I think he has very valid points and good
intentions. I do not know if people just do not get what he is trying to
say, or just have a personal grudge against him. Whatever your personal
views on Larry are - look at what he is saying - and I think you would have
to agree he is right.

All that is wanted is for Lugnet to become a better place that what it has
become since the silly(1) email thing was set up, because it has hurt this
site more than it has helped(2).

Tom

(1) In my view this was done to keep ONE person out, but it does not mean he
could not very easily get around it. This overreacting if you ask me, an
futile attempt to keep one man out - but at this point there is just no
going back, no matter how muck we would like it to go back.

(2) the 'I like it' posts have almost stopped, this is not in question.
People want and in some cases need this feedback and thanks to Todd's
paronia and hard-headness, it has almost stopped - but for why.....
And if you noticed - there have been a few "I miss the old lugnet" type of
threads - does anybody care to take a wild guess as to why all these type of
threads have started??