 General / 33923
Re: ta ta Jack Stone? (Re: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 01:17:34 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:
In lugnet.general, Joel Kuester writes:

They seem to be cooling off on that stuff, and they have an amazing classic
line running, with more and more high-end master level sets.  I think they
know what they did wrong, and while Jack Stone may suck *really* hard, I
doubt we'll have to suffer its presence long.

The fact that Jack Stone may be retired soon isn't all that comforting.

Is there any basis for this, or is it just speculation?

I think this was just wishful thinking.  :)

I know that this is all I want for Christmas.

What
I want to know is who was the person that gave the go ahead in the first
place for this series?  I'm serious, I'd really like to know.  This series
clearly looks more like Megablocks than anything LEGO represents.

The current series actually makes quite a good toy.

It might make a good toy, but I think it makes a poor LEGO series.  Just my
opinion; not based on any facts.

I think the play value
is quite high. I'm just sorry that we largely have Jack Stone at the expense
of town.

I think this is the biggest problem.  If the young kids are wise enough to
understand Bionicle (and I hear from parents that they are) then surely to
goodness they can understand good old fashioned LEGOland town sets.

Ultimately, Jack Stone may be what the market wants - Lego would be fools
not to meet that demand(?).

But... what if there were something better?

Allan B.