 General / 33833
Re: I miss the old LUGNET...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 18:20:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matt Sekerak writes:
Ditto, Nick.  These days I'll post a simple thought or question and it will
be glossed over as though never created.  I feel Lugnet has developed its
own clique (sp?).  There seems to be a core group, or an "in crowd" that
communicate with eachother and nobody else.  O.K. no big deal...I'm not
offended, I just don't post much anymore...I've become a passive observer
because I still like the site - I'm just not popular!  By the way, my FBTB
custom gallery was recently updated, it's under Matt sekerak.

To a certain extent this is true, but this is true of all public forums.
This can be seen in every Internet newsgroup that I participate in.  In my
opinion, Lugnet has as its creators and keepers some of the most vocal and
popular of the core croup.

This does not diminish its value, nor does it prevent me from posting.  I
was never really part of the "core group" of alt.toys.lego, but I was there.
Same for rec.toys.lego, and now the same for Lugnet.  As long as I've got an
Internet connection, I'll be a very small part of the online LEGO community.

By definition, the vast majority of the online LEGO community are not part
of the small "core group", but it shouldn't stop them from participating.

Jeff Findley (been around since the beginning of a.t.l. and will hopefully
be around for some time to come)