 General / 33893
Re: I miss the old LUGNET...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 17:51:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matt Sekerak writes:
Ditto, Nick.  These days I'll post a simple thought or question and it will
be glossed over as though never created.  I feel Lugnet has developed its
own clique (sp?).  There seems to be a core group, or an "in crowd" that
communicate with eachother and nobody else.  O.K. no big deal...I'm not
offended, I just don't post much anymore...I've become a passive observer
because I still like the site - I'm just not popular!  By the way, my FBTB
custom gallery was recently updated, it's under Matt sekerak.

I figure there's some fixed probability of any one post getting a response,
so  I beat the odds by posting a lot.  Sooner or later, someone's *gotta*
respond to something I say...

It also helps that I'm not afraid to occasionally post obviously incorrect
information.  That gives people something specific to respond to. ;)

Seriously, I've had one or two posts that got onto the Spotlight list, yet
they didn't generate a single reply.  So the 'importance' or 'merit' of a
post can't always be measured by the number of follow-ups it gets.

Steve