 Off-Topic / Fun / 8363
Re: Lugnet can always grow; it's up to us to make it happen.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 18:07:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, Maggie Cambron writes:
   I rarely can respond to things at such length
  anymore, but it really warranted a kudos.  (Yea, kudos is
  singular, blame the Greeks.)

Okay, Lindsay, I made a special trip from the second floor down to the basement
to check my OED compact edition on this. Are you sure the word takes an
indefinite article?  None of the examples gave any indication that it does.

I'm pretty sure that it's an abstract noun (so by itself "kudos" should be
article free). But was it okay for Lindsay to break that rule to make his
point clearer?

Maggie C. (Queen of living on less-- I got the OED-- the two volume slip-cased
edition with the magnifier in a little drawer-- for 2 bucks from a garage
sale!)

!!!!
...we are not worthy...

--DaveL