 Off-Topic / Debate / 14542
Re: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 01:20:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Steve Bliss writes:
(XPOST & FUT off-topic.debate)

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:
I've made this analogy before, but I'll make it again.  Not telling the LEGO
company how bad some of their products are, is like not telling an alcoholic
that the bottle of beer in his hand is his problem.

This is a tangent, and I'm not commenting on your analogy.  But...

'The bottle of beer in his hand' is *not* the alcoholic's real problem.
It's *a* problem, and it certainly needs to be dealt with.  But throwing
away the bottle won't fix the alcoholic's problems.  And unless the real
problem is dealt with, another bottle will show up to replace the one thrown
away.

All right..... I'll give you that one.  :)

I wasn't really thinking the analogy through completely.

Regards,
Allan
(I'm not a LEGOaholic, I just play one on the internet)