 General / 33794
Re: I miss the old LUGNET...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 20:11:59 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

The set database updates have been too sporadic for the service to be useful
to me anymore, to boot.  The 10019 Blockade Runner took about 90 seconds to
appear, but I'm still waiting to see pics for those myterious 7320-3 LOM
mini-fig sets readily available at brickset, or the very commonly found
78777 LOM Value Pack to be listed at all.  Am I missing something?  Is there
a way to upload these images myself?  Apologies for my lack of knowledge here.

As one of the DB admins, I'd like to take the chance to respond. :)

The Blockade Runner specifically - while it was on FBTB for a while
before it was posted here, that was because they were given advance info
specifically from LEGO... I waited until shop.lego.com put the
information up before posting here, so I think it was actually a couple
of weeks.

As for the LOM stuff - 78777 has been up since I got my hands on one, at
least several months (though, I never snapped a picture)... but it's
listing is in the LUGNET Guide.  <set:78777>

As for the other LOM set - I have to admit, I don't check Brickset as
often as I should - and, I also like to verify the data in more than one
source before I put it up - or at least, a more official one than
another fan site (no offense intended).

I'd like to take a moment to mention that we actually have to go out and
*find* the data to put into the LUGNET Guide... or it needs to either be
posted to lugnet.admin.db or emailed to us or otherwise... Before I
started working on this - it never occurred to me that maybe this keen
new set *I* found wasn't in the DB because maybe Todd and Suz (or Joshua
or Selcuk) hadn't seen it yet... it's rare, but it's happened :)  So
please, if you know of any sets that are missing - and ideally, if you
have a picture - you can post to lugnet.admin.db, email one of us, or
(just set up) email db@lugnet.com.

Thanks, and I'll look into those other sets you mentioned.

Jennifer L. Boger